Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My favorite way to fish. If there is a dock bite, I usually cash a check
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

2. Member
    If you fish LOZ you begin to love it
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

3. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I don't go out of my way to fish them but if I run across one, I'll spend some time skipping and pitching it.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Love to fish docks with senko’s , I can skip them a mile up under , also like the square bill .

My PB came off a dock.

6. Member
    I just wish I was good enough to know what sets some docks apart from others. I have docks that I’ve been able to rely on fish for years just like clockwork but then when it try to duplicate it with other docks that are set up the same I come back empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    I just wish I was good enough took less what sets some docks apart from others. I have docks that I’ve been able to rely on fish for years just like clockwork but then when it try to duplicate it with other docks that are set up the same I come back empty.

Location more than anything. Choose them based on their location and time of year. Also the bottom topography in the immediate area is key.

8. Member
    My last 2 tourneys I’ve ran a circle of 11 docks on the trolling motor for 8 hours straight throwing squarebills and getting at least one fish every lap. 3rd and 7th out of 70 boats

I live in N.C. you better fish docks or get yor money taken from you, go to lake Norman in late April early may, catch spots on docks you will love it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Had a couple of bites on docks there when I fished it but the grass and such had my attention.
    Yep. Have not fished a dock in probably ten years. So much other cover to fish and I do not want to hit someone’s property. I have fished docks in the past two if I was getting out of the wind in a cove or against the shore from where the wind was coming from or if I was having boat issues that prevented me from running the motor or trolling motor.

11. Banned
    Haven't fished a lot for bass around them, love shooting docks for crappie.

12. Member

St. JUDES always a memorable experiance

The wife and I ran the 10k at St. Judes this weekend again and this time she left a little of herself there in the form of her front teeth. As usual after you exit the campus and high fiving a lot of the children we were in tears she trips on a manhole cover and fell on her face knocking out her front teeth. I got her to the med station her and the medics told me to go on as we were near our hotel they would get her there. She will be ok a little bruised and skinned up the dentist has some work but in perspective nothing compared to what the children got ahead of them. A trooper she says she will return.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

13. Member
    I’ll fish them and am very proficient at it but anyone and everyone pounds docks. I prefer it when the fish are on deeper structure you cant see, deeper big boulder fields, weed lines, sunken wood etc. Stuff majority of guys don’t fish since they cant see it on the bank. Just something about pounding topwater fish a hundred yards off shore over a weed bed with no one else around or the wiser.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

14. Member
    I don't fish docks because our area lakes don't really have any. It's hard to get proficient at, and enjoy, dock fishing when you rarely do it.

15. Member
    Yes, lots! But made a addition to my dock fishing arsenal, a go pro. For the occasional dock owner who looses their mind. Just easier to show the police when they call. Oh, and don’t forget to tell the dock owner “I know where you live”.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

I like docks, but it seems around here all the docks get pounded so hard the fish don't have time to set up shop on them. Years ago almost always caught some off docks. Nowadays not so much.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

It’s about all I do

Yes
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

My nearest lakes dont have docks other than at the boat ramps. When I go to a lake with docks I love fishing them and do pretty well with it.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt20xd View Post
    No!
    This^^^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast