2019 GM 1500 4wd trucks.

Saw an add for pay what employees pay on left over trucks. Not in the market for awhile, read the add and as far as I can tell they are single speed transfer case. No low range, just 2 wheel, 4wd auto and 4 wheel high. The 2500s have a 2 speed transfer case. Did I miss read the add or is right or wrong.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    Saw an add for pay what employees pay on left over trucks. Not in the market for awhile, read the add and as far as I can tell they are single speed transfer case. No low range, just 2 wheel, 4wd auto and 4 wheel high. The 2500s have a 2 speed transfer case. Did I miss read the add or is right or wrong.
    I have the 1500 Silverado RST Z71 and it has the 4wd low. But the base model truck does not. From what I read, the base 4wd truck uses a lock system that sends the same power to all 4 instead.

3. Member
    this was a Silverado without the Z71 pkg.

4. Member
    The 1500 Z71's will have a hi-low range t-case. It's not the trim package that dictates if the t-case will be the high-low version, rather RPO code 'Z71'. All other 4x4 package trucks will have what you mentioned (no low range). Apparently the transmission/computer are suppose to figure it out if low speed torque is needed.

I've got a '19 1500 LT Crew 4x4 with 5.3(DFM)/8spd and Max Tow ......... no low range.

Also, another side note ....... if you want Max Tow, you cannot get it in Z71 nor the 3.0 Duramax ........... just FYI as I tried.

Hope this helps.

Side note ..... the above applies to Chevrolet, IDK if it applies to GMC ..... I would assume so, but I've learned over the years not to assume.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci