Cedar Creek Lake 2019

General thoughts of Cedar Creek Lake bass fishing?
    This year seemed relatively poor for us, as compared to the past two or three years. Maybe its just been our timing...

Vic
    Preparedness plus Opportunity = Luck

2. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerz321 View Post
    General thoughts of Cedar Creek Lake bass fishing?

Great. Loaded full of 3lb-5lbers. I haven't fished it in over a year, but if I want to go on a quick one or two day trip close to home and get my line stretched then Cedar is the only lake I'm going to.

I still can't figure out why the state built it as a "trophy bass" lake and didn't stock it with Florida strains . I know it's harder for them to survive the further north you go, but they could have built the lake further south by the TN border and been able to stock Florida strains in it and have them survive...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

3. Member
    Yeah, we often wondered about Florida bass stocking as well. I ran across this report from TN earlier this year. https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/tw...MBstocking.pdf
    Heating Degree Days must be the leading factor.
    Vic

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yeah, saw that report

Yeah, we often wondered about Florida bass stocking as well. I ran across this report from TN earlier this year. https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/tw...MBstocking.pdf
    Heating Degree Days must be the leading factor.
    Vic

5. Member
    Probably just our timing. We typically fish the old railroad area and island and coves across from island and dam areas. Been to the upper end a few times with poor results.
    Vic

6. Member
    I didn’t fish it as much this year as I have in years past, but I experienced the same thing as you. It definitely wasn’t as good to me this year.

7. Member
    Cedar Creek is becoming much more dangerous now that all of the timber is breaking off. Tons of stumps just under the surface. Be careful if you haven't been there in a while.

8. Member
    Boy I'll say!! We tied up to a dead tree in the railroad holler/cove last spring. The tree (about 8" in diameter) broke off at water level falling across my new Z18. Missed my buddy Jeff and I, striking edge of a seat and landing across my tacklebox.
    Thanks for the warning.
    Vic

9. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

Boy I'll say!! We tied up to a dead tree in the railroad holler/cove last spring. The tree (about 8" in diameter) broke off at water level falling across my new Z18. Missed my buddy Jeff and I, striking edge of a seat and landing across my tacklebox.
    Thanks for the warning.
    Vic