Question Cabling new Terrova TM

Any advice on how to run the down/side scan cable to my Terrova with lift assist?
    I started taking the shaft out to run the cable up the slot in the shaft but I’m stuck now with the lift assist spring and it uses the slot ☹️
    Do I have to take the lift assist off or is there a better way to run the cable and avoid breaking a 2nd transducer from the TM’s spotlock rotation?
    Has anyone solved this?
    Thx,
    RedA

2. Member

This is how I did mine. Works great. The power cord on the Terrova will get in a bind before this sock will. Good Luck
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

3. Dogfish_Jones
    What did you wrap the transducer cable with?

4. Member
    Thanks - that looks great and much less chance of the sleeve getting pinched in the assembly.

I’d like to know what you used for the cable sleeve also?

If I understand it right, the lower part of the cable is coiled and dressed to rotate without binding when Spotlocking, then zip-tied to the front edge of loading assembly to manage the cable position & motion and the upper portion of the cable is just routed from there to the Fish Finder - right?

Thanks again !
    Red

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedA View Post
    Thanks - that looks great and much less chance of the sleeve getting pinched in the assembly.

I’d like to know what you used for the cable sleeve also?

If I understand it right, the lower part of the cable is coiled and dressed to rotate without binding when Spotlocking, then zip-tied to the front edge of loading assembly to manage the cable position & motion and the upper portion of the cable is just routed from there to the Fish Finder - right?

Thanks again !
    Red
    Just run the transducer cable inside the rod sock and zip tie it at both ends after wrapping the sock around the shaft 3-4 times leaving slack in the sock.
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

6. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by BDPIL View Post
    Just run the transducer cable inside the rod sock and zip tie it at both ends after wrapping the sock around the shaft 3-4 times leaving slack in the sock.
    Thanks for the info and video. I have been using the Cornfield Crappie gizmo but it seems it gets in the way more than I want. I was going to do the install by way of taking the head off and shaft and then running it down in the flat side of the shaft and using marine silicone. I’ll give your way a try.

7. Member
    Thanks again!
    I’ll do that after I figure out how to put the Lift Assist back on the shaft that I pulled out to run the cable ��
    Red
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW
    60 HP Merc
    Terrova TM
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 73SV

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Thanks for the info and video. I have been using the Cornfield Crappie gizmo but it seems it gets in the way more than I want. I was going to do the install by way of taking the head off and shaft and then running it down in the flat side of the shaft and using marine silicone. I’ll give your way a try.
    I believe that the pre-2017 Terrova's you could run the cable down the shaft and then silicone but since they put the lift assist on them you are no longer able to do it that way.
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedA View Post
    Thanks again!
    I’ll do that after I figure out how to put the Lift Assist back on the shaft that I pulled out to run the cable ��
    Red
    No problem. Hope you get it figured out.
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

10. Dogfish_Jones
    I installed mine today like your video showed and it works great. Coils up and latches back into it holder. Thanks for this great tip. Sure beats taking everything a part to do it.

11. Member
    I installed mine today like your video showed and it works great. Coils up and latches back into it holder. Thanks for this great tip. Sure beats taking everything a part to do it.
    Glad it worked out for you. Just passing on info that helped me out. Just keep an eye on it just in case it does wrap more than you think.
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

12. Dogfish_Jones
    Glad it worked out for you. Just passing on info that helped me out. Just keep an eye on it just in case it does wrap more than you think.
    i left plenty of slack around the shaft. I think when I finished I had 5 or 6 coils.
    Have you had any problems yet while in was in Spot Lock mode?

13. Member
    Thanks to all!
    i’ll do mine but it will be a while since the lake is iced over, the boat’s out of the water & all tarped up for winter in MA ☹️
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW
    60 HP Merc
    Terrova TM
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 73SV

14. Member
    i left plenty of slack around the shaft. I think when I finished I had 5 or 6 coils.
    Have you had any problems yet while in was in Spot Lock mode?

I only had it out once when I did it with no issues. My boat has been put away for a month now due to the cold weather.
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

15. Dogfish_Jones
    That sucks having to put your boat up for an entire winter......I start getting mean (that's what my wife tells me) if I can't go fishing at least once ever two to three weeks.

16. Dogfish_Jones
    Since it was 70 degrees today I had some free time....well I made it free to go fishing. I did not have one problem with the transducer cord that I did as suggested with the rod sock.
    I had it on spot lock a few times changing out lures and it worked great when doing that. It went down and came back up and locked in as if there wasn’t any restrictions.
    It was great to have my DI back on my Helix 9 again.