Will mercury warranty

I have a 2019 250 pro xs. Today a huge piece of silver paint just peeling off the lower unit. It’s the size of your hand. I assume they didn’t get it clean at factory before paint. Will merc warrant my this?

2. Member
    shouldn't be a problem if case is not damaged or modified ive seen this twice already and both were resolved by MERCURY MARINE get with a dealer for them to contact tech service
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I would be totally pissed if they didn't!
    Actually I'd be totally pissed anyway. Now they will put on a second coat of paint and that will not last like the original.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As Joe suggested, get it in to your Authorized Mercury Dealer for inspection (and have them contact Mercury). If there is truly a paint adhesion problem, they're usually very good about addressing it properly.

BTW... there is a dedicated 4 stroke forum (3 more down the forums list), which would be an excellent place for information on your new 4-stroke.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    I would be totally pissed if they didn't!
    Actually I'd be totally pissed anyway. Now they will put on a second coat of paint and that will not last like the original.
    no sir a complete new assembly will be sent to dealer for install if approved by tech service, both cases ive seen as a dealer have been resolved this way, the right way
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Banned
    BTW... there is a dedicated 4 stroke forum (3 more down the forums list), which would be an excellent place for information on your new 4-stroke.
    Is this forum open to all sizes of motors now? Seems like it is.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Is this forum open to all sizes of motors now? Seems like it is.
    All FOURSTROKE engines go in the Fourstroke Forum.

All 3L or 3.2L Two strokes in the 3L Forum.

All 2.0/2.4/2.5 Two Strokes in the 2.0/2.4/2.4 Forum

And all remaining two stroke models in this forum.

See the Sticky at the top of this forum for further clarification (unfortunately changing titles creates search problems, so they are remaining as is).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks all. Sorry I would move the post if I knew how to. I don’t get on here a lot. Also I could post some pics of it if I knew how

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No need- just for your information in the future.

Get it in to an Authorized Dealer- they will get photographs to Mercury (as necessary).

Update mercury stepped up and stuck me a brand new lower unit on this boat. Hats off to merc and excellent customer service

11. Member
    yup been there seen that glad for your outcome thanks for update

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar