Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To wait until next Icast or not..?

Hi Sirs Here I am with my dilemma;

I already have a Fortrex that I would like to upgrade, I'm fishing at rivers most of time so Spot lock would be a must have... My problem is that I'm running Humminbird Units GEN 3 with 360 , my first and obvious option must be an Ultrex but I feel as I'm purchasing an old technology...I have been looking at new Garmin but the problem its nowadays it doesn't run with 360 due to shaft design, furthermore its too new and possibly with some bug...so I don't know If wait until next ICAST to see If Minnkota its going with an Ultrex upgrade with brushless advantatges and so on...

I don't know what to do...

I would aprreciate so much your opinions.

Regards

2. Member
    There should be a flood of used ultrex motors soon as the new built in mega si ultrex models get released. I plan to pounce on a good used one myself.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schell21 View Post
    There should be a flood of used ultrex motors soon as the new built in mega si ultrex models get released. I plan to pounce on a good used one myself.
    Yes , Schell probably , but no here in Spain...

Ultrex is hardly out dated and I would buy one in a heart beat.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Ultrex is hardly out dated and I would buy one in a heart beat.
    Fishysam the only reason to go with the latest technology its just because seems to be more efficient, powerfull , quiet and finally without noise interference... there are a lot of good features to think about it...

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The thing with waiting till Icast is if their is a new TM probably wont be until another 6 months before its released so technically you will be waiting for almosr a year (from this month) for a new TM. Can you wait that long?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran87 View Post
    Fishysam the only reason to go with the latest technology its just because seems to be more efficient, powerfull , quiet and finally without noise interference... there are a lot of good features to think about it...
    Yes , I can...

8. Banned
    Power pole is supposed to be revealing their TM, but we have also been hearing that for awhile now.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Power pole is supposed to be revealing their TM, but we have also been hearing that for awhile now.
    Wowwww, Are You kidding me?? Everybody now is designing his trolling motor...Well, in fact I think that is better for all of us...

10. Banned
    Wowwww, Are You kidding me?? Everybody now is designing his trolling motor...Well, in fact I think that is better for all of us...

oh indeed, I give a “thank you” to MK for starting the spotlock; but they are playing second fiddle now with other manufacturers.

11. Member
    Yes Sir, You're right . MK isn't at the TOP right now and that's the reason as I think that they must hit the market in the next ICAST... Who knows...

The new trolling motors do exactly the same thing as the Ultrex for $1,000.00 more. Brushless motor and a wireless pedal are the real difference. Both Lowrance and Garmin are untested. I don’t see anyone dumping an Ultrex to buy the same technology at a much higher cost. Now if my Ultrex takes a dump for some reason I might consider one of the new offerings.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Yes Sir, You're right . MK isn't at the TOP right now and that's the reason as I think that they must hit the market in the next ICAST... Who knows...
    Not same technology Sir, Brushless motor its a big difference... Coming from Fortrex I have to take a good decision...

14. Member
    Love my "old technology" Ultrex 80 Link paired with a micro remote and my Helixes. It turned my 25 year old boat into a magic island!

15. Dogfish_Jones
    And here I thought the paddle was a good TM and a rope and bucket of concrete was a spot lock...silly me.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    The new trolling motors do exactly the same thing as the Ultrex for $1,000.00 more. Brushless motor and a wireless pedal are the real difference. Both Lowrance and Garmin are untested. I don’t see anyone dumping an Ultrex to buy the same technology at a much higher cost. Now if my Ultrex takes a dump for some reason I might consider one of the new offerings.

Well now that there’s other offerings, a person would be foolish to buy an ultrex at this time (unless you absolutely have to have one for a new boat). You know they are going to revamp them, might as well wait until they go on clearance. If price is a consideration, don’t wait for the next model; because it will cost as much as the ghost & force.

I wouldn’t call the ultrex tested either, look how many threads are in here with issues & broken parts.

Not sure you have priced an ultrex lately...

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Minn...page-REXD.html
    Last edited by grout-scout; 12-08-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Now, if Bombardier would just get off their butt and upgrade the old OMC trolling motor to 24 and 36 volt!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Now, if Bombardier would just get off their butt and upgrade the old OMC trolling motor to 24 and 36 volt!
    I believe that Minnkota owns the rights to the OMC trolling motors

19. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Those were fine motors ahead of their time. I believe me will be going with a Ghost.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    its coming for sure.. rumored for icast 2020 but thats just what it is a rumor. There has been no official talk of a scheduled date. We will keep all informed as we get more info. What you can bank on is, it will be a quality, and highly tested product right out of the gate Power Pole doesnt use its consumers as test guinea pigs. You also know if there is an issue you have the best customer service in the business behind you.. cant be said for minn kota and especially not Lowrance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast