Thread: G2 NEMA Network

G2 NEMA Network

Little confused on the NEMA 2000 network rigged on my 2018 RT198P. My basic understanding is all items should be connected to a T in the backbone and a resistor on each end.

What I am seeing is an end resistor to a T with Power and then a T to the motor. The back bone runs out of the 2 Ts to the hand control. I am not seeing a 2nd resistor in the rigging. Going to be adding a Point 1 and 2 HDS carbons to the network and am concerned that the network is not correct. All of this is on the public NEMA network and not the Evinrude private network.

Want to get it fixed now while I am running wires. Does the hand control have a built in resistor that ends the backbone or should I rework the setup so the hand control is connect to a T?

Hand Control is PN 5009752 Rev G
    Motor is a 2017 150HP G2 HO C150PLHAAD
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    You are correct, the control head does not have a built in resistor and there should be 2 terminators.

What I was thinking. As a follow up, is the preferred setup to have a backbone the length of the boat or better to have a short backbone and long runs to each item connected ?

4. Member
    Trunk along the length, devices---fore, console and aft
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. Member
    Drops lengths should be kept to a minimum, extend the backbone.