Ultrex mod for LiveScope???

See pic. I believe the MinnKota manual refers to this part as the "Yoke". Has anyone modified the yoke to eliminate physical interference between the yoke and LiveScope transducer when in the stowed position...i.e. ability to run the motor in a shallower position yet still be able to stow the motor without the LiveScope transducer hitting the yoke? I am getting ready to explore various locations (higher/lower) for the LiveScope transducer but I see one possible solution is to eliminate all...cut the "fingers" off.

IMG_5109 copy.jpg
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

Ignore this--If I'm fishing skinny the lake is not blowing so I simply do not use the strap other than take off and then it's set deep enough to work as pictured. After the initial flight the lake is smooth enough I am not worried about the strap being importantanyways after I am dumb...

but as pictured you only have to pull the shaft 2" skinnier to clear the mount of LS then it will clear, I would potentially move your LS lower, or higher an inch so that the one spot the forks are doesn't impede operation. On my 52" with LS I just know I have to miss the forks and I have it figured out and takes no effort from me to miss them. A 45" may be harder?
    Last edited by Fishysam; 12-10-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. BBC SPONSOR
    The little foot that your questioning is what allows the lift assist to function on the Ultrex. I too have bee wondering about modifying mine(cutting it down shorter) just enough to clear the transducer and allow it still to work.

4. Member
    My boat is a jet and I fish a lot of rivers...this is where I often have the need to run the TM shallow. The more I think about this (while not really wanting to modify the trolling motor) I think 90% of my interference issues between the yoke and LS transducer can be resolved by simply raising the LS transducer up the shaft to just clear the bottom side of the yoke. I may still shorten the fingers on the yoke to provide additional clearance under the transducer but I don't really want to cut them down below the shaft as they offer the TM "side" support when stowed. This way, when in skinny water I can simply raise my motor at least the height of the transducer then it will then clear the yoke on the top side. The thing is, when floating backwards down a river, sometimes in very shallow and rapid water, you don't often have time to "study" your TM adjustments.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

5. Member
    Move the transducer to just below the yoke with the motor all the way down. Then the first increase in height would be apx 3" to clear the transducer and after that you could move it as shallow as possible.. Do not modify this yoke as it is meant to both activate the lift assist and to keep the trolling motor from bouncing off the side when running/travailing.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]