Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Russell Marine Products Motor support

I received my Russell Marine Products (RMP) Transom saver today for my 2019 Mercury 200 hp V8 4 stroke. Seems well-built and fits perfectly, I would definitely recommend it.

Good to hear

3. Member
    Deployed mine yesterday and it is solid as mentioned above. I will have to hunt for more steering clamps however as the ones with this unit are just not tight enough.
    Last edited by tajchauvin; 12-16-2019 at 07:10 PM.

That is good to hear mine will be here wednesday. Be nice to have something designed for this. The modified motormate works but you can tell the caps arent going to last. As far as steering clips i got the motostop clips and they are very nice.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Man you werent kidding on how nice it does fit. The rubber end piece fits perfect. They did a great job on this. Wish it camr in red tho lol. A1C96293-5775-42B8-80C0-9867042A2258.jpeg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Just picked up my new motor. RMP support works great.

7. Member
    Got mine the other week and i like it. The steering clips fit on and spin but i have never had clips before and not sure how they should fit. I didn't think the spin would hurt anything figure they would still keep the motor from going side to side. Would like blue to match my boat not a fan of the red (LOL). I recommend it.

8. Member
    Mine is ordered and hopefully I will like it better than the ToteRite I have now.

9. Member
    Fantastic product so far. Highly recommend.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Mine is ordered and hopefully I will like it better than the ToteRite I have now.
    What did you not like about the tote rite? I love mine & no steering clips to worry about losing.

Which ToteRite did you have ?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Which ToteRite did you have ?
    The one for my new Mercury 4 stroke ProXS 175 HP engine. I just felt as if it wasn't as secure as the former Motor Mate I had on an Optimax. I have only used it twice but felt like the engine might be turning slightly during travel. My lady friend offered this other one so I thought I would see if I liked it better. The jury is still out but happy you like yours.

The one for my new Mercury 4 stroke ProXS 175 HP engine. I just felt as if it wasn't as secure as the former Motor Mate I had on an Optimax. I have only used it twice but felt like the engine might be turning slightly during travel. My lady friend offered this other one so I thought I would see if I liked it better. The jury is still out but happy you like yours.
    Agreed--- My STR8 ToteRite does not eliminate all of the engine turning.. I ordered a new set of steering stops to use on long trips only to find out they don't either (to short) Going to get another set of those old blue ones that you have to cut to your specific rig.
    I sure liked the original motor mate on the Opti's that did not need steering stops.. I have forgoten to remove them when un loading in the dark at a tournament...

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mike- wonder if you couldn't somehow tie the steering stops to the engine support (much like some of the old steering stop sets were tied together with a rope). Essentially make it very difficult to remove the support without removing the clips (and also hard to install without installing all of them).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Mike- wonder if you couldn't somehow tie the steering stops to the engine support (much like some of the old steering stop sets were tied together with a rope). Essentially make it very difficult to remove the support without removing the clips (and also hard to install without installing all of them).
    I bet so... I'm fair to middlin good at (Texas) engunearin

16. mikesxpress
    Locks I use with my modified MotorMate on the CMS 4.6L V8 and nothing moves.
    http://gatorbak.com/gator-lock/

I have the moto stop steering clips and they fit very snug and the motor doesnt move at all.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I had said i wished they made these in red. Well........
    1F6717BB-370A-4F9F-9455-BBBED69BF3DF.jpeg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I had said i wished they made these in red. Well........
    1F6717BB-370A-4F9F-9455-BBBED69BF3DF.jpeg
    Nice!!!! Love it!!

20. Member
    Triton TRXV8. Looks good i like it. Did you take it all apart to paint it? I had thought of that same thing. Any thoughts for someone that wants to do the same?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast