BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Exclamation Video Of the Power Pole CHARGE in use out on Lake Kissimmee!

Nice but I have question on other menu items that are not listed in the manual. If you hold down the ICON charge on the app you will get another screen and I do not know what that shows. Come on Power pole
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

I am assuming that you are running your electronics off your cracking batteries. You indicated that your cranking battery was dead when you tried to start big motor. How can your Lowrance still be running if your cranking battery is depleted? Lowrance units are very sensitive when it comes to having the correct amount of power running to them (been there done that).

Please advise....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

4. mikesxpress
    Lots of things in question concerning this demo video and the PP Charge functionality.
    1. Obviously he didn't have a substantial enough cranking battery for the engine/equipment being used as it wouldn't start the engine after routine use at 1 PM. That's a little over half a day for most of us.
    2. As noted above, Lowrance gear is very susceptible to voltage drops. If the cranking battery was low enough that it wouldn't start the Merc, the MFD's would have been shutting off.
    3. Charge on the run programming, if done correctly, would have the cranking battery fully charged before transferring any alternator power to the TM batteries.
    *This has been tried many times over the years with Stay-N-Charge and other brands.

Having four group 31 Odyssey AGM batteries, twin HDS 12's with chirp/down-side scan ducers, LWX-1 weather module, Sirius radio, twin Powerpoles, and livewell running, I have no starting/power issues after fishing from daylight to 4 PM. Cranking battery is not over half discharged at days end.
    Using my Motorguide 36VDC Tour in tidal water with grass/heavy current for the same 10 hour time span, I still have well over half of my TM battery power left. As most of us fish waaay more than we run, the ability of charge on the run to utilize excess alternator power is in question. We may run at distance 1st thing at launch but your batteries are fully charged then. Even with my new Mercury V8 250hp ProXs which provides provides a net charging output of 20 amps at idle and 85 amps total at wide open throttle, it takes an easy hour run at WOT to top off a half depleted cranking battery at the end of a full day fishing. For the majority of us, an hour run is not the norm. At the end of the day were not concerned with TM battery power levels, so I don't see how any charge on the run system is useful and also how could it/would it shift alternator power to TM batteries throughout a fishing day with only intermittent runs with the engine?

Please explain.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 02-25-2020 at 11:14 AM.

5. mikesxpress
    Interesting. I was hoping someone could explain it.

6. Member
    Thanks for the video.

Seems like he was having a butt pucker moment hoping that motor started. Maybe they should rename it the pucker charge. No way I will pull power from the main cranking battery. My cranking battery is 100% dedicated to just cranking.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckman View Post
    Seems like he was having a butt pucker moment hoping that motor started. Maybe they should rename it the pucker charge. No way I will pull power from the main cranking battery. My cranking battery is 100% dedicated to just cranking.
    cranking battery being out of power was done for video purposes to show the jump start feature.

9. Member
    I have a stealth 1 charging system in my boat. I have fished 3 days, 2 days practice 1 day tournament, without plugging my boat in. It does a real good job of maintaining the all the batt's thru the day. I will have one in my boat from now on. Don't have to worry about access to power at the hotel if its not available. They are pricey, but so is every damn thing on bass boat.

Not sure I agree with charging the trollers from the cranker, should be the other way around. The cranker is topped off and then power is transferred to the trollers.