Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm in.

2. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    yahoo news, a little to the left? That's another story. As a retired truck drive with 27 years behind the wheel I can say there is no shortage of jobs out there. Actually, from what I've seen is they (company's) can't get drivers. Layoffs, can't speak to that, haven't seen that myself. The economy is great, help wanted signs in just about every company window, around here anyway. If anyone reading this is thinking about a driving job go for it, your in the drivers seat. Pick the company you want with the best of everything, pay, bennies, best equipment and what they haul etc. Lot of the companies even have their own driver schools because of the need.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Don’t believe everything you read. I have been retired for 10 years (Teamster). GOOD trucking companies are busy and still look for Good drivers. Lot of trucking companies open and close every month. Buy a bunch of used chit, pay minimum cpm, no bennies, and rookie drivers. Every driver will tell you one thing that has always been a chatter on the radio or truck stop talk is——- How is your company treating you? Miles, pay, pay on time, ect. Then those drivers get some time on the road, and move to a better company.

I’m on a trucking site ( was on it when I worked). Seems like everyone is busy.

4. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Another fake news company.. who is surprised by that??

5. Banned
    Damn Russians!!!

6. Banned
    This is POLITICAL. Please remove. There is NO POLITICS on here. As soon as you open this up it talks about PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP AND THE TARIFF'S. Also there are NEGATIVE ads on the yahoo site that are political. Only against President Donald J Trump. Fair is fair ! With all due respect, this should be taken off. Thank you very much.

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    My understanding is trucking companies are looking for warm bodies for their trucks......
    This. We are hiring with little to no experience. And it’s local paying very well.

8. Member
    Are we having mod tryouts that I was unaware of?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Are we having mod tryouts that I was unaware of?

Nope !! Fair is Fair..

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    This is POLITICAL. Please remove. There is NO POLITICS on here. As soon as you open this up it talks about PRESIDENT DONALD J TRUMP AND THE TARIFF'S. Also there are NEGATIVE ads on the yahoo site that are political. Only against President Donald J Trump. Fair is fair ! With all due respect, this should be taken off. Thank you very much.
    *facepalm*

Triggered much?

An article with bias and political ads alone does not constitute a political post. If it did, the vast majority of posts on this site would be removed.

Get over it and go fishing. Tomorrow is Saturday

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    266,000 jobs added last month and a 3.5% wage growth. Also an upward revision to October numbers. The economy is doing fine.
    I don't know where your numbers are coming from, the farm implement business is not doing well. Deere layed off people and cut production by 20% ,the shops that feed them are slow and have been for 10 months. The 266,000 jobs added how many are seasonal help for the holidays at minimum wage and how many are real jobs that pay a living wage ?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    I don't know where your numbers are coming from, the farm implement business is not doing well. Deere layed off people and cut production by 20% ,the shops that feed them are slow and have been for 10 months. The 266,000 jobs added how many are seasonal help for the holidays at minimum wage and how many are real jobs that pay a living wage ?
    Source citation reference nonfarm jobs. Wages are also up.

13. Banned
    Source citation reference nonfarm jobs. Wages are also up.
    Nonfarm payrolls surged by 266,000 in November, better than the 187,000 expected by economists polled by Dow Jones.

The jobs market turned in a stellar performance in November, with nonfarm payrolls surging by 266,000 and the unemployment rate falling to 3.5%, according to Labor Department numbers released Friday.

14. Banned
    Your joking right?

15. Member
    Time will tell but I agree with your thinking and facts

Amazing how gullible some are

17. Banned
    you lost me at "living wage".

18. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Amazing how gullible some are

Dale Sinclair original

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Your joking right?
    No I'm not joking, I haved work in the Tool & Die business that feeds the Deere plants for 45 yrs. Its starting to look like the early 80s if your old enough to remember that time period.

I'd say find a new trustworthy news source and learn the difference between politically biased propaganda and facts.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast