Hasn’t Every Pro Fished Lake Fork?..Nope

I saw on Facebook earlier this week where Skeet Reese said he’s looking forward to the Lake Fork Tournament this coming year because he had never been there before. I just figured they have all at one time fished that amazing lake.

https://m.facebook.com/skeetreesefishing/

I spent 10 days on Lake Fork in 2000. It was the end of January. Fishing was absolutely brutal. Never caught a bass the whole trip. 9 of the 10 days we were there it was below 40. The saving grace was a local told us to buy some minnows and just go tie off to a bridge and catch crappie. We slayed the crappie and ate good all week. I would love to go back when the conditions are better
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Bass never been there since he’s been fishing?

have been wanting to go to Fork for years. One of these days ill get down there.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    I spent 10 days on Lake Fork in 2000. It was the end of January. Fishing was absolutely brutal. Never caught a bass the whole trip. 9 of the 10 days we were there it was below 40. The saving grace was a local told us to buy some minnows and just go tie off to a bridge and catch crappie. We slayed the crappie and ate good all week. I would love to go back when the conditions are better
    I hired a guide in January in the early 2000's and fished hard all day without a bite. The wind was terrible and the lake was way down. I've been meaning to go back but I just haven't made it yet.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

6. Member
    Huh, I would have guessed he would have fished the TTBC before but I guess not

7. Member
    I thought he had fished one of the old Toyota Texas Bass Classics there, but I guess he never qualified.

Went there back in the 90's not sure the exact year. It was early April, we got there and it was 70* but never got over 50* the next 4 days. The only fish I caught was a 7# bowfin and the guy with me caught a 4# largemouth the last day.

I've been down there several times and never caught one over 8lbs. The last time I went I took my brother in law and he caught one that weighed 12lbs. He caught it on a blind cast to the middle of the cove to get out a backlash.

10. Member
    Just the opposite of the tales above. Taken all 3 of my sons in March, all got at least one over 8, including an 11. Did fish a couple days in Jan myself, first day slated them on a jig on creek channels, wind blew so didn't fish the afternoon. Next day had one bite, at least I think it was a bite.

11. Member
    Dang I live on the lake.

12. Banned
    I bought a house there this year and we look forward going there every chance we get. Hope to retire there in the next few years.

13. Member
    I built my house and my buddy cut down big cedar trees we had the mill come out and slice it all up and then we worked on that stuff forever20190807_202224_resized.jpg20190807_202214_resized_1.jpg

14. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post
    I built my house and my buddy cut down big cedar trees we had the mill come out and slice it all up and then we worked on that stuff forever20190807_202224_resized.jpg20190807_202214_resized_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post
    Dang stud, I guess I'll see you in May. That's a nice place.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

I was fortunate to fish the lake when it opened and was still filling back when the BIG ones were being caught. Best I ever did was 12 lbs. They brought it up in stages and there were many 50-100 fish days. That was back when Randy White held out for a new contract for the Cowboys. His downtime was spent on the lake.

17. Member
    Fork will humble you any day of the week. I’ve been with really good guides and struggled alot

Quote Originally Posted by James john View Post
    Fork will humble you any day of the week. I’ve been with really good guides and struggled alot
    I tell people that want to fish there regularly that you better have thick skin and a short memory. It can be feast or famine for even the best out there. You are gonna zero there if you go more than a few times. You will get discouraged and wonder if you've forgotten how to fish only to then have an epic day that will keep you coming back. Most educated fish in Texas out there. The pressure they get is crazy.