Thread: Carpet repair

Carpet repair

I shampooed my carpet and I'm amazed at how good of shape it is in.
    Other than a few wear spots.
    Can I spot repair these?
    I'm sure I can steal some little pieces from somewhere in the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

Just find a spot where you can cut a piece of carpet and glue it into the spots. The corner might be a bit tough to do but I'm sure it could work.

Like Grizzly said find a small piece of carpet from an are where you won't see it missing. I have taken a piece like that and "shaved" the carpet from the backing. Then I would mix up some 30 minute epoxy and brush it onto the bare area. Then take needle nose pliers and start placing the carpet fibers on the area. It lasted for years

4. Member
    Why take the backing off?
    I was thinking of cutting a circle of carpet from under the dash and then "cut it in" to the old carpet. Like you do with vinyl flooring.
    Epoxy for carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Like Grizzly said find a small piece of carpet from an are where you won't see it missing. I have taken a piece like that and "shaved" the carpet from the backing. Then I would mix up some 30 minute epoxy and brush it onto the bare area. Then take needle nose pliers and start placing the carpet fibers on the area. It lasted for years
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

It's easier to work with just the fibers for small patches and yes I used epoxy. For larger patches I used the carpet with the backing and marine grade glue.