Looking at a 21ft Gambler..need info..

Looking at a 94 21ft Gambler. I believe it's an Intimidator. I have never been in or fished one. I know the front decks are huge!! But the back deck looks tight. I always fish with a partner, so I'm worried about where they can put their tackle and rods. I also heard that you can't fit a 8ft rod in the rod lockers is this true?

I'm coming from a 19ft Basscat Pantera where it's not the biggest boat but it fishes great. I don't want to upgrade to a larger boat, that has less storage then mine now...
    Last edited by 90pantera; 12-06-2019 at 12:36 PM.

2. Banned
    Go back out to the main page and scroll down to the Gambler owners form. Probably get a good answer in there.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Go back out to the main page and scroll down to the Gambler owners form. Probably get a good answer in there.
    Gambler owners are going to be biased to their brand...I'd like to find someone that has fished multiple brands including gambler for comparison...

4. Member
    I fish out of a Gambler Outlaw that is 19'3". I love the ride and how the boat handles. You are correct about the back deck it is a little tight. The rod locker will hold an 8' long rod easily. I carry a lot of rods and tackle. I think every make boat has areas we would like to see changed. My partner has a Triton and I enjoy fishing out of both. It comes down to what makes you happy.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

5. Member
    One of my employees has a 2000 year model 2100 dual console with a 250XB. He basically parked it in his basement a few years ago. I was fortunate to have driven and ridden in it several times before that.
    It is very fast, low 80's is pretty easy, if you can drive it. His required quite a bit of co-ordination as left foot was for engine trim, right foot was for hot foot, left hand was for jack plate, right hand for steering and I didn't even get to the part about working the trim tabs. His rode really well. The front deck is huge, but the rear deck is tiny. If I remember correctly, his is is more narrow than my 2016 Puma. The way the livewell lids open, it is easy to loose a fish while putting them in. If you are old, like me, it's hard to get in and out of the seats as you are really sitting at water level (kinda like a 'vette on the road). The console has limited space for graphs as well. But, with all that said, I would like to have one, but a new one is VERY EXPENSIVE with the new owners trying to re boot the brand.

6. Banned
    There is a guy local that has the Gambler™ w/the Dale Earnhardt color scheme that had a For Sale sign on it the last time I went by that area.. If still there I'll copy the ##

7. Member
    Pain in the ass to get out of the seat- I had one for a year- tough to get on plane- coolest looking boat ever but I would never go back!

8. Member
    I fished in one as a coangler during a BFL. Very cool looking boat, fast but wasn’t great in chop. The front deck is so big I’m sure a SOG team could land on it. The back deck is tight, but plenty of room to fish 2-3 people up front if just fun fishing. They also had the best livewells I’ve seen. Both looked like 25gal livewells. Kind of weird because the opened off to the side rather than towards the back. I wouldn’t hesitate to own one that’s for sure
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    On my 3rd 1. Had a 209,Intimidator and now a 2200. Would not have anything else

My partner has a Pantera, I had a 19'3" Gambler along with a 18'3" and a 20'7" I just got. That Gambler will out shine cat in everyway i can think of except the Gambler will have less rear storage. It will fish stable, run faster, ride better and has a great build quality. Getting up from the seats is not too bad at all. It is a bigger hull so it should be better in certain ways obviously but it is a big up grade over a Pantera

11. Banned
    I have owned multiple Gamblers. Most boats now a days have large decks and they all run in the 75-80 mph with 250's so that's not that big of a deal. What is nice though is the way you sit down in the seat when running hard. With that said, working on them is a nightmare. Changing out bilge pumps, livewell pumps ect… is enough to make one go mental. Its friggin awful but what is worse are the livewells themselves. One they are tiny. A ten pound fish barely fits in them. I kill fish all the time. I had 31 pnds and killed an 8 and barely kept a 10.3 alive. Had three 5's that were struggling as well. I will not buy another Gambler for these two reasons.

12. Member
    Mauler, What would be your next choice of boats?

13. Member
    Sounds like the live wells suck in these boats...are they not many gallons? Or no airators?

14. Member
    I’m worried about where my partner will keep his extra rods or tackle bag..I’m sure he won’t want to come to the front of the boat every time he wants to change rods or tackle..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90pantera View Post
    Looking at a 94 21ft Gambler. I believe it's an Intimidator. I have never been in or fished one. I know the front decks are huge!! But the back deck looks tight. I always fish with a partner, so I'm worried about where they can put their tackle and rods. I also heard that you can't fit a 8ft rod in the rod lockers is this true?

I'm coming from a 19ft Basscat Pantera where it's not the biggest boat but it fishes great. I don't want to upgrade to a larger boat, that has less storage then mine now...

I had a Pantera and buddy had a 20' gambler. Both are horrible for co angler storage, gambler is just a PIA to get in and out of cockpit seats, nice once your in but if you have bad knees or back forget it. I'd look at a different brand JMHO

16. Member
    Good boat, 21’ is not the Intimidator. I believe they consider that the guide series. Overall boat is fast handles rough water good big front deck but the back deck is very small.

If its an intimidator is a 19'3" hull, if it says intimidator then thats what it is. If it says gambler it is likely a 209 which is 20'9", 1994 was the 1st yr for them. The intimidator changed to a 20'1" hull around 1998 and was called the intimidator II

18. Banned
    Next boat will be a bullet. Fast, simple and large livewells ( at least the newer models). Gamblers will rattle your teeth out in rough water. But then again there aint no bass boat meant for 2 plus foot chop.