HDS Carbon & Trolling Motor Network Question

If I have 2 HDS Carbon 7's at the Helm.
    I have 1 HDS Carbon 9 at the bow.

I understand these units each have two ethernet ports on the back of the units and can be daisy chained together, so essentially with 2 Ethernet Cables I could attach all three units.

This would allow them to share Map Cards, Waypoints, the Works.....

Now, I want to Hook these units up to the Trolling motor (Motorguide Tour Pro)

If I hook the 9 at the Bow directly to the Motorguide Via NMEA, will the 7's at the helm that are connected to the 9 at the bow via ethernet also have control of the trolling motor and being able to "navigate" to a certain spot, or will one of those 7 inch units need to be connected into the NMEA network that the 9 and trolling motor now share?

In summary, Can i get by with ethernet connecting all three units and then just one NMEA connection from the 9 to the Trolling motor and have all three units now share connection with the trolling motor? Or do I need to NmEA any unit I want to have control the trolling motor?

2. Member
    Also, do the HDS Carbon 7 have 1 Ethernet port or 2?
    The Lowrance website says 2 on the specs, but the image of the back of the unit only shows 1?

3. Member
    HDS 7 has one ethernetport. HDS 9/12/16 has two.
    All units you wish networked with the TM has to be connected by NMEA2000.

4. Banned
    Something I’ve learned while shopping the last few weeks, it’s cheaper to buy the nmea starter kit, than to buy the pieces individually.

5. Member
    And Garmins kit is both cheaper and has softer cables that are easier to thread and place as well. ;)

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    And Garmins kit is both cheaper and has softer cables that are easier to thread and place as well. ;)
    I’ll look into them, always looking to save a few $$$.

7. Member
    Are you sure the HDS carbon 7 has only one Ethernet port?! If so, the Lowrance website is wrong and another article I read stated the carbons, no matter what size have 2 Ethernet ports .... I ordered two 7s and their on the way.... I guess I’ll see first hand soon enough

8. Member
    Nevernind, you know your stuff. I just looked up an official manual on networking the units and it confirms 1 Ethernet port on the 7 inch unit. It just complicates my install a little and is an extra $40 for added Ethernet length.... gosh dang I wish the companies made researching units easier. The Lowrance website Spec sheet is wrong on this unit. Makes you wonder what else is.

I just look on Lowrance website and it’s clear, 1 Ethernet port
    https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...live-amer-noxd

10. Member
    As you guys have already figured out, only one ethernetport on HDS 7 (regardless of generation).