Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    How am I anything but someone who is trying to help you out?
    True. You do make it easier. Thanks

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole Wind View Post
    The difference between the informed and uninformed is, the uniformed will call the 1-800 number on the back of some product packaging and register a concern or complaint and actually think they accomplished something. The informed will know that things don't happen from the bottom (1-800 number) up, but actually happen from the top down. The informed will take a few minutes and educate themselves about who the decision makers are within a company and start there. You would be amazed at how accessible c-level people are if you learn how to get past the 1-800 filter system. For me, I start with nothing less than the VP of marketing and sales or equivalent but always try to reach the one that likely signs the checks. Usually the CFO level or equivalent. Most are very receptive to a politely delivered explanation of why there is a concern and all recognize if they are recieving the call, an effort was made and it's serious. I always end something like that with a single question. Why would I or anyone else I talk to want to buy products from a company that puts it brand behind and associates with a company that acts like this?

in this case, 3 of 4 conversations led to the disclosure to me they were already aware of issues with MLF and they were monitoring things closely and would be acting accordingly. There is a world of difference between what the uninformed will do and the informed will do and the actionable results show.
    I am sure they told you what they needed to get you off the phone.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samluke36 View Post
    BASS is done! They stood still in time. They never paid the anglers or grew the sport over the last 20 years. MLF looked for a formula to grow more TV time and bring more eyes to the sport and they did it. Now they have 10 times more TV and media coverage over every conceivable platform (internet, TV and cell phone), the best anglers and the financial backing of Johnny Morris. This is a guy that is worth 4.2 BILLION Dollars is 70 years old and reports to no one. No board members, shareholders, or financial stakeholders of any kind. Even if he loses money off MLF and still grows the sport being the biggest retailer of bass fishing products he wins. You can't beat someone who is willing to lose money in your business to make money in another (Amazon). BASS should fold up their tents and sell before the brand becomes worthless.

lol!

4. Member
    Having been on both ends of those "C suite" calls I can tell you that they always seem to get results when they support all the other inputs. If I get a call from a customer that is off the wall, I'll be polite but it will get ignored. If I get a complaint that is similar to other calls and is supported by other facts, I'll usually say we are working on it and thanks them for their feedback. Claiming that this complaint to an executive is more important than the facts of the situation is, not to be offensive, a little simplistic.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    i think that’s awesome for MLF to share their abundance of TV money to fund FLW. I was wondering why they bought a severely debt ridden organization and continued with that same business model that was hemorrhaging millions a year. Seemed like a poor business decision. But I never thought of them donating the money MLF made to offset the losses FLW incurred. Probably even get a tax write off for it.
    Yes great acquisition of a asset that perfectly aligns itself with it's core business. MLF needed a pathway from amatuer ranks right throught to BPT. They have the top Nielsen Ratings for an Outdoor Show on TV. That secured their Discovery and CBS contracts. IKE who is very business minded will be sending signals to Duckett in his radio show this weekend i'm sure. After the two year contract just like golf, football, and baseball the players (fisherman) will want more of the cut. Four shows per tournament and cup events 8 tournaments and 5 cups, high Nielsen ratings and I think 3 owners. What are they doing with all the money (besides buying FLW). They have employees (pros) that pay to get to the tournament and pay their own room and board. Boyd let them fish out of their own boats and of course take care of the upkeep. Nice move Boyd... make a massive positive for your business seem like your doing them a favor. Lets see how Ike finesses how some angler contribute to the show by fishing but lose money. Or this is more about TV entertainment and I need to be compensated more because i"m a personality. Listen close because it's going to be about the money.

6. Banned
    Yes great acquisition of a asset that perfectly aligns itself with it's core business. MLF needed a pathway from amatuer ranks right throught to BPT. They have the top Nielsen Ratings for an Outdoor Show on TV. That secured their Discovery and CBS contracts. IKE who is very business minded will be sending signals to Duckett in his radio show this weekend i'm sure. After the two year contract just like golf, football, and baseball the players (fisherman) will want more of the cut. Four shows per tournament and cup events 8 tournaments and 5 cups, high Nielsen ratings and I think 3 owners. What are they doing with all the money (besides buying FLW). They have employees (pros) that pay to get to the tournament and pay their own room and board. Boyd let them fish out of their own boats and of course take care of the upkeep. Nice move Boyd... make a massive positive for your business seem like your doing them a favor. Lets see how Ike finesses how some angler contribute to the show by fishing but lose money. Or this is more about TV entertainment and I need to be compensated more because i"m a personality. Listen close because it's going to be about the money.
    You simply don’t get it. Ike can say whatever he wants. Same as mlflw. Problem is that the people paying the bills are seeing straight through it. It’s comical that word gets out before a certain member posts. I’m not sure mlflw intent was comedy.

7. Member
    I bet you put Ketchup on Steak.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    I bet you put Ketchup on Steak.
    Now, them’s fighting words!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    Do you have an affiliation with MLF? I’ll give Mark Jones credit, he puts his name in his profile and from 5 minutes on LinkedIn, i see his company Trifecta has MLF as a client. Do you and Redfish99 also have a business interest in MLF?
    Yeah, I’m worth millions. I don’t watch my finances, I choose to d!ck around on a fishing forum sharing the poop with the rest of the hen party.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole Wind View Post
    Here is how this deal works. There are companies and individuals out there that sell themselves as social media managers, influencers, social community managers, etc... There are all kinds of names and titles they use. They tout themselves as being able to control and promote company imagages and products online. Clueless executives that are technology inept fall for all the data measurement that they don't really understand or know how to validate that these types create and push they proclaim supports how it creates value for the companies they are out there representing. Problem is, most these people who infiltrate social media platforms don't have a clue about what's really going on with a company or brand outside of the marketing talking points they are given from time to time about the stuff the companies want promoted and publicized. Problems occur when these type of individuals start trying to defend the indefensible for these companies or brands because they don't have a clue about what people are talking about or the companies or brands they are trying to represent. To try and mitigate the bad publicity they first resort to trying to discredit people who might be sharing negative information, and when that doesn't work, they resort to insults, etc... All the while making the companies or brands they are supposed to be promoting, look even worse.

Case in point - when this subject first hit the board, the pretenders who either work directly for MLF or are contractors that are trying to justify there existnce by generating and pushing pointless meta data to clueless executives, immediatly started defending MLF and in doing so made statements that implied FLW was broke, no longer existed, it was their problem, not MLF, Yadda, Yadda.... But at the end, the announcement that came out completely contradicted what these social media influencers were saying and defending. The annoucment came out using the FLW LLC name, logo, and association with the bass federation program.

These social media people aren't worth a fraction of the money they are paid... They are just benefiting from inept executives who don't understand how to dispel the data they are being presented to justify their existence.
    Could Seminole Wind be a warm, gassy breeze down a trouser leg and into a waiting sneaker?

11. Banned
    Izzy, are you Mike Iaconelli or are you associates of his?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Da’fuq? If this were “What’s My Line?”, you just got a NO!
    A lot of people in NJ, ya know

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by izzylipz View Post
    A lot of people in NJ, ya know

Was just a question. There’s a few professional fisherman on here, figured you might be too.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Yeah, I’m worth millions. I don’t watch my finances, I choose to d!ck around on a fishing forum sharing the poop with the rest of the hen party. Quote Izzy Lips

Could Seminole Wind be a warm, gassy breeze down a trouser leg and into a waiting sneaker? Quote Izzy Lips

He just might not be "Psychonelli" but the Dude does come up with some clever lines or could be posting lines fed to him clandestinely by the "Psycho One" so they can't be directly tied back to him.

I kind of hope he sticks around is good comic relief from all the self proclaimed Legal Experts and Financial Advisers.

A lot of people in NJ, ya know Quote izzylips

Here is another one and there is a Clue....

What's My Line is a very old show that Pyscho Ike-O is too young to have watched it as the last version ended in 1975 but this could be a diversionary tactic to make you think Mr Izzy is one who wears White New Balances, Listens to 8 Tracks and gets upset about his pedestrians on his lawn.

Stick around Izzy this place desperately needs the winds of some Dry Humor to help break up the Delusional Fog that has permeated the Lounge.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Yeah, I’m worth millions. I don’t watch my finances, I choose to d!ck around on a fishing forum sharing the poop with the rest of the hen party. Quote Izzy Lips

Could Seminole Wind be a warm, gassy breeze down a trouser leg and into a waiting sneaker? Quote Izzy Lips

He just might not be "Psychonelli" but the Dude does come up with some clever lines or could be posting lines fed to him clandestinely by the "Psycho One" so they can't be directly tied back to him.

I kind of hope he sticks around is good comic relief from all the self proclaimed Legal Experts and Financial Advisers.

A lot of people in NJ, ya know Quote izzylips

Here is another one and there is a Clue....

What's My Line is a very old show that Pyscho Ike-O is too young to have watched it as the last version ended in 1975 but this could be a diversionary tactic to make you think Mr Izzy is one who wears White New Balances, Listens to 8 Tracks and gets upset about his pedestrians on his lawn.

Stick around Izzy this place desperately needs the winds of some Dry Humor to help break up the Delusional Fog that has permeated the Lounge.
    But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

I’ll take up your invitation

But what's puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game

I’ll take up your invitation
    May there be many memorable moments in the future prompting the "Conspiracy Theorists" to create the possibilities of multiple identities and seek to solve the Mysterious Mystique of the Meadowlands

I know the Meadowlands is close to 40 miles away from East Brunswick Old Hoot doesn't know much about NJ had to find something well known that started with an M that was within 50 miles......

I can't say the the J-Word on the BBC (it's a long story) so have to use initials or spell it with an accent no disrespect intended.

17. Banned
    May there be many memorable moments in the future prompting the "Conspiracy Theorists" to create the possibilities of multiple identities and seek to solve the Mysterious Mystique of the Meadowlands

I know the Meadowlands is close to 40 miles away from East Brunswick Old Hoot doesn't know much about NJ had to find something well known that started with an M that was within 50 miles......

I can't say the the J-Word on the BBC (it's a long story) so have to use initials or spell it with an accent no disrespect intended.
    The J-Word? Are you referring to the main subject of J’Accuse? I know you’re swift enough to pick up on that

The J-Word? Are you referring to the main subject of J’Accuse? I know you’re swift enough to pick up on that

I think my Offishal BBC J-Word Probationary Term has ended but went on Voluntary Self Imposed Probation understanding that I could easily become an Habitual Offender and forever banned so created multi word respectable descriptions mostly starting with the same letter.

There are a few still blatantly using the J-Word in some form of however Old Hoot has gone through Rehab and using vocabulary expansion as an alternative to keep from falling off the casting deck.

19. Banned
    I think my Offishal BBC J-Word Probationary Term has ended but went on Voluntary Self Imposed Probation understanding that I could easily become an Habitual Offender and forever banned so created multi word respectable descriptions mostly starting with the same letter.

There are a few still blatantly using the J-Word in some form of however Old Hoot has gone through Rehab and using vocabulary expansion as an alternative to keep from falling off the casting deck.
    Rehab? This old soldier is just ... fading away

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345