Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Halcomb's tournament Cumberland

I frequently see 10-20 boat tournaments go out of Halcombs boat ramp at the dam on Saturday and/Sunday mornings while out fishing. I'm from Southern Indiana but fish Cumberland most every weekend. Can one show up at the ramp and enter these tournaments? If so I'd be interested. Thought maybe some of them may be open tournaments of some kind.
    Thanks

2. Banned
    Yes. Like I stated last year, several to choose from every week on cland.

3. Member
    The Dam tournament is the “lake Cumberland bass club” they have a Facebook page with a schedule and what it cost. You have to pay a one time membership fee other option is the south central out of Conley.

4. Member
    Thank you. Sorry I didn't see the comment from last year. Also rhasnk you cbp84

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    Thank you. Sorry I didn't see the comment from last year. Also rhasnk you cbp84
    I dint mean to insinuate I told you last year. I think someone was going to start a tournament.

6. Member
    I think the south centrals are about over. The sunday tournies out of the dam are $50 entry and a one time $20 per person membership. Typically get 10-15 boats
    They aint got hands, set the hook

7. Member
    Np Rude I got what you meant. Since I started this thread, I found out about the Bradley Roy Stars and Stripes tournament out of Halcomb's this Saturday (Dec 7th). Thought I should mention it.
    And thanks for the club info.
    https://usacares.org/get_involved/li...ake-Cumberland

8. Banned
    Np Rude I got what you meant. Since I started this thread, I found out about the Bradley Roy Stars and Stripes tournament out of Halcomb's this Saturday (Dec 7th). Thought I should mention it.
    And thanks for the club info.
    https://usacares.org/get_involved/li...ake-Cumberland
    Bring five twenties to any ramp in Ky predawn Saturday’s and you can play most anywhere. I know a few that will be fishing Roy’s tournament.

9. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I think the south centrals are about over. The sunday tournies out of the dam are $50 entry and a one time $20 per person membership. Typically get 10-15 boats
    Yep. This is the last weekend. Classic is next weekend. And I'm looking forward to it. Weather supposed to be nasty. Should make em bite.

10. Member
    Got nice weather for the Stars and Stripes Tourney. Cloudy most of day but couldn't complain about it being too cold for a December 7th tournament.

11. Member
    Got nice weather for the Stars and Stripes Tourney. Cloudy most of day but couldn't complain about it being too cold for a December 7th tournament.
    Heard they bit like crazy yesterday to. Lotta good bags weighed for sure

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Heard they bit like crazy yesterday to. Lotta good bags weighed for sure

Not for me of course.

13. Member
    Not for me of course.
    Me either. I went Sunday and had a terrible day...

14. Member
    Ive talked to some good fisherman that didnt do so well this weekend, seems like you were either really on them or not on them at all. I generally fall in the not on em at all category

15. Member
    I've been down the last 5 straight weekends. I know how to fish that lake. I can honestly say I didn't have a bite (that I know of) except that 1 keeper during that tournament. Very humbling.

16. Member
    I don't know Cumberland very well but we drove from Louisville because Nolin and green are a mess right now. I had a keeper smallmouth at our first stop, and then several hours of frustration. I was really surprised considering the water temp and clarity. I saw lots of bait (deep) but didn't graph any fish with it.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdave View Post
    I don't know Cumberland very well but we drove from Louisville because Nolin and green are a mess right now. I had a keeper smallmouth at our first stop, and then several hours of frustration. I was really surprised considering the water temp and clarity. I saw lots of bait (deep) but didn't graph any fish with it.
    Temp and water color? Starting to believe fish are ahead of schedule instead of water temp behind. I really think it has more to do with daylight hours than water temp.

18. Member
    It was 50-54 at dale hollow today I’d say Cumberland is about the same

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    It was 50-54 at dale hollow today I’d say Cumberland is about the same
    Thanks. Water color and area of lake at Dale?

End of September all you had to do was skip points midway up creeks on Cland. Never got on them in back of creeks, but with that temp they gonna do what they do.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Thanks. Water color and area of lake at Dale?

End of September all you had to do was skip points midway up creeks on Cland. Never got on them in back of creeks, but with that temp they gonna do what they do.
    Clear on the main lake trooper island, got colored between upchurch and wolf dock and maintained 2-3 feet light brown color to the river. Most of my action was in Illwil (6 or 7 feet visibility) channel points. Main lake was pretty rough so I opted not to go past the hotel. Caught fish most of the day except the run up wolf ( well 1 little green fish on a spinnerbait) wish I had stuck with the smallies all day Ohh well I think I ended up with 9 brown 2-3lbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast