Fueling up a x19

Ok I have fueling up my x19 it just won't accept gas very well. Anyone have a solution.

2. Member
    Not really I’m on my fourth Xpress and none have taken gas very well. Check the vent to be sure it’s free and from there move the gas nozzle around until you find the best angle that minimizes the blow back of fuel.

3. Member
    Turn handle up side down.My was the same way at first then it after a while it started taking gas

4. Member
    Never had a problem with mine. I had a triton that would not take gas. I had to just barely stick the nozzle in the tank. It would gurgle and spit but would take gas.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

5. Member
    I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.

6. Member
    I have had this problem I added a bypass before the charcoal filter and that fixed it . Open when fueling, closed normally
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Xpress X-19 Pro Yammy VMAX 175 HDPI

7. Member
    I always open or loosen the gas cap on all of my boats when I leave the house, and gas up a few miles down the road. That usually speeds up the process.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

8. Member
    I guess it depends what year boat? On the older ones like we have had I ended up moving the fuel fill to the top of the deck and rerouting the hose to eliminate any issues. The newer ones eliminate the stupid charcoal canister. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Member
    Fixed the problem by using a piece of 3/4" ID hose long enough to pass through the check valve in the gas fill hose. The gas nozzle fits into the hose and push hose past the check and it will take gas at least as fast as my truck. Even tried it on an uphill incline last week without a problem. I tried all the solutions I read about with little or no success till this.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

I had the same issue with my RT 198P. Took forever to trickle gas into the tank.
    Found the vent line had gas in it due to a small dip in the line going to the tank.
    So when the tank was below half full, I blew into the vent side of the fuel cap. Yeah I did. It cleared the fuel in the vent line and then I was able to fill the tank as normal. You could always use a air nozzle to give the short blast as opposed to blowing in the vent line.
    MAKE sure the tank is more than half empty, so you do not blow gas back up the fuel line.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

11. Member
    The prolem is the ventlation system sucks. i have tried all kinds of things on my x19. I now just keep a driver tool next to the tank and unscrew the hose clamp and pull the vent line off the tank to fill it up.

12. Member
    I had the same thing and what i found is the fill nozzle is not high enough above the tank to work to 100% efficiency. I had to cut my fill tube and make the transition in the tube straighter. That with turning the nozzle upsides down fixed the issue.
    2013 Xpress X19

Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    The prolem is the ventlation system sucks. i have tried all kinds of things on my x19. I now just keep a driver tool next to the tank and unscrew the hose clamp and pull the vent line off the tank to fill it up.
    Been doing this for the past few years and haven't had any problems since
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    You are putting gas vapors in the hull. Too many opportunities for something to go VERY wrong! I would strongly recommend you do NOT vent at the tank.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest