Newbie jack plate question on 2018 zx225

So I just bought this boat, never ridden a skeeter before. So I am learning how to driver it. The jackplate came set at 5 dots on the jackplate. So my question is: what does leaving it there vs. raising it to 8 or 12 dots do? What is the performance difference with each setting? Ive been reading how some are up to the 12 mark but not seeing much about leaving it at 5 dots.
    Anyways, any feedback would be helpful.
    J. Ochoa

2. Member
    It is a bit of trial and error to get it to the optimum point. Having said that, 5 is low. I think most come from the factory around 7-9? Someone can probably confirm that for sure. How is the boat riding at the current setting? What are you trying to accomplish vs. how it rides now?

3. Member
    I am just trying to learn how to drive it. I dont have enough seat time to try to accomplish anything at this point...
    J. Ochoa

4. Member
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. Member
    Just sold one a 16 zx225 7 dots dots never messed with the plate never had any reason . stick it to the floor and start trimming all the way up and bump back down thats how mine run best. should run 74 to 76 depending on weather and water conditions.