CMC Power Lift Hydraulic Jack Plates

I want to put a jack plate on my boat and have been looking at the various brands. I would really like to go with a Bob's but want to consider other options. The CMC plates have been around for a long time and are less expensive than the Bob's. For those here who have first hand experience, is the CMC a good quality plate option or should I just forget about the extra bucks and get the Bob's?
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

2. Member
    CMC is a good plate,it rises a little slower than a Bob’s but not enough to matter. It’s a very well built plate and I never had any problems out of the 3-4 that I had.

3. Pat Goff
    The Bobs is well worth the difference.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Member
    Appreciate the input fellas!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you plan on mounting poles go with something other then CMC as they are one of the few jackplates that are not sidemountable.

6. Member
    I got a Bobs 14" Hydraulic on my boat and i would not take a penny for it, well worth the extra coin IMO.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

never had a Bobs or used one so i cant say, but my CMC 6.5" with dash gauge (bought used on here) has been pretty flawless and trouble free (just make sure relays are mounted in a safe undisturbed location)i have had it 8 years and dont know how old it is or even if i am 2nd owner or more lol)