Changing Garmin Force Nose Cone

Garmin sells a replacement nose cone that allows you to mount third part transducers (part #010-12832-22). I guess you can run the transducer cable back up through the shaft. Does anyone know how involved/difficult this is? They recommend getting a transducer replacement kit which contains seals and o-rings to complete the job. Seems like it would be pretty easy but not having done it........
    Thanks

2. Member
    I replaced the one in mine a few months ago. It was a little bit of a PITA. The top cap and the head both have to come off, the cable disconnected, pulled through the shaft and replaced. The hardest part was threading the new cable back through the shaft. Sort of like pushing a chain. It took me about an hour or so to do it. But that was with several beers. :) And yes, get the kit with the new o-rings and seals.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    I replaced the one in mine a few months ago. It was a little bit of a PITA. The top cap and the head both have to come off, the cable disconnected, pulled through the shaft and replaced. The hardest part was threading the new cable back through the shaft. Sort of like pushing a chain. It took me about an hour or so to do it. But that was with several beers. :) And yes, get the kit with the new o-rings and seals.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Hey ring fry thanks for info. At least it sounds pretty doable. Do you feel the motor seals back up properly as good as new?

4. Member
    It's been probably three months ago when I did it and haven't seen any problem. Just be sure to follow directions to the tee.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

5. Member
    It's been probably three months ago when I did it and haven't seen any problem. Just be sure to follow directions to the tee.

SE Kansas grass grower
    Thanks again

6. Member

SE Kansas grass grower
    Maybe attach a string to the first cable before you pull it out to use to pull the new one back through?