Ohio Mega Bass Classic is back for 2020 (Lake Erie/St Clair 10/22-23/2020

I have been working on restoring a classic for our team tournament trail for sometime now. We miss Ky Lake dearly but the lake is suffering right now and driving 7 hours not to catch much was not much fun for most of our anglers. Participation suffered dramatically with only 25 teams going the last year 2018. Folks just did not want to go with the poor catches seen before our event was scheduled that year. We have decided with such a world class fishery right in our back yard to go ahead and take advantage of it. We will launch from Elizabeth Ramp in the Detroit River so that if weather becomes an issue we will be mostly protected from it. All waters that are legal to fish will be open to our participants including Canada. If weather is determined to be hazardous in St Clair or Erie we would put them off limits for the period of time that they are hazardous. We are excited about trying this and I think the teams will be very happy with the amount of fish you will be catching. Below I have a link to our website showing our schedule and how to qualify for the classic.

OMBTT Page http://www.ombtt.com/WebsiteMstrs/OH...MENTTRAIL.html

OMBTT Classic page http://www.ombtt.com/2020CLASSICPAGE.html

2. Member
    Good idea on switching!
    Last edited by scum_frog; 12-09-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    EPark seems like a logical place to launch in late October. Lots of options there.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Our 1st event has been rescheduled. Here is our game plan so far due to the virus.

April 11 Indian (rescheduled to 09/19/2020
    May 3 Grand Lake (rescheduled to 07/25/2020 Celina)
    05/30 Buckeye
    06/28 Erie
    07/18 Indian
    08/08 Alum
    09/13 Rocky

At this time all permits for tournaments are void on all state property till 04/15 and I am pretty confident that will be extended. We are making changes by re-scheduling events and also changing our requirement for our Classic at Lake St Clare/Lake Erie. We are now going to require all members fish a minimum of 4 events and can buy into 2 events if necessary. I am also going to not allow out of state members without approval to the Circuit (Ohio Mega Bass Tournament Trail) only. We do not have any members anyways but the circuit is meant for our Ohio anglers and the 4 event requirement is the same as in 2018 for our Ky Lake classic. We wanted to do this due to rescheduling may create even more conflicts for our angler and we want to accommodate everyone we can this crazy year. This is going to be very challenging for all tournament directors.
    Last edited by alumking; 04-07-2020 at 12:01 PM.