Thread: Boat audio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Boat audio

Would like to add a head unit and speakers on my boat. Something loud and can hear very clearly when I’m riding around long runs. Also something that would Bluetooth connection to my iPhone so I can use my Spotify. What do you guys recommend?

2. Banned
    Why not just get a portable speaker instead of installing anything. Some of those things sound great and some are even waterproof.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Why not just get a portable speaker instead of installing anything. Some of those things sound great and some are even waterproof.
    I was thinking about installing a Lowrance Sonic Hub a while back but decided to go with an Ultimate Ears Boom Bluetooth speaker instead. Half the cost and usable outside of the boat. It fit perfectly in a cup holder and I could charge off a USB adapter for my cigarette lighter, if necessary. I use it around home more than I do in the boat.

4. Member
    I've got a JBL portable blu tooth speaker zip tied under my dash. You can't see it, it's out of the way, constant power from cig lighter port.

5. Member
    20180823_170313.jpg
    Boss head with 2 10in 100 watt speakers and a 200 watt marine amp.
    Its removable or I can set it up on the deck for beach parties.
    Go Gators!

JL audio Marine speakers, Alpine Audio Marine head unit. A good 4 speaker setup, with head unit, for all you are asking with install should be under a grand,

I've got a Sonic Hub with Bluetooth and really enjoy it.

8. Banned
    I had a UE mega boom but I can’t hear it when I’m running down the lake.

9. Member
    At 70+ mph, if yours goes that fast, there isn’t much you can put in to cut through the wind noise. Just something to think about.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

Get this and be done with it -

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears.../dp/B00TXBOWVA

Trust me, I have both the Blue Tooth Speaker and in boat stereo.

Its no worth the hassle to install a stereo on your boat.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Banned
    Run one of these and You can BLARE it and not bother anyone else:

Unknown-2.jpeg

You already know from experience that You can't hear when running down the lake, so turn it LOUDER and bug everyone or play Your music to Your head?

12. Member
    Yes I have a Boise portable rechargeable Bluetooth speaker. Sounds great, but haven't used it in the boat.

13. Member
    Have been pretty happy with the Fusion RA-55. Drives 4 speakers and can hear well enough into 60mph.

Find the right model with blue tooth and such. I can only speak to the model I have installed.

3 years of Salt/brackish use with no problems.

14. Member
    My boat runs well into the 80s mph range and hearing anything is impossible no sound system made can play louder that wind noise. I have a Bose bluetooth speaker I use while I am fishing to play nice classic country music at a low volume level.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

15. Member
    My Basscat Lynx came with 2 kicker speakers plus 2 kicker tweeters in the seats as well as the kicker KMC10 head unit. Even going 78mph I can hear it. I closed my garage doors and cranked it up and they will rock the boat for sure.

16. Banned
    My new rig came with a clarion BT and I like it better than my sonic hub in my last boat.

17. Member
    + 1 on the Clarion head unit. JL audio amp and speakers. Sounds great at 50 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    My boat runs well into the 80s mph range and hearing anything is impossible no sound system made can play louder that wind noise. I have a Bose bluetooth speaker I use while I am fishing to play nice classic country music at a low volume level.
    Do fish like to listen to nice classic country music while you are fishing for them? IMO, mounting speakers in the hull would be a bad idea for use while fishing. If you mounted speakers under the rear pedestal seat, that might work ok. The hull and water transmit noise VERY well, and don't forget that sound travels very well over the water....as demonstrated by most wake boats.

I've spent 8 hour days inside a hull hearing sonar pinging, and didn't like it at all. When I get where I want to fish, my choice is to throw out some marker buoys and turn the graphs off.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

19. Member
    I have the kicker kcm1 with 2 kicker 6inch speakers. I listen to Spotify on it all the time. When running turned all the way up you can hear it ok. And I listen when fishing also, never really thought it affected it much.

I have Clarion head unit and Bose Marine speakers and mine sounds great. Speakers are mounted in my deck extension
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast