Lowrance Ghost Installation Question

I completed my install of the ghost last night. I noticed when I powered the unit on for the first time the 24 volts led came on. I hit the test button and it shows the batteries full and tapped it again hoping it would cause the voltage option to blink so I can select 36 volt but it just keeps. I checked the voltage at the power wire connection and I had 36.4 volts. Is there something I am missing. The video I watched and the Operation guide says it should recognize the load. I am waiting for a response from Lowrance

2. Banned
    You have to make it switch over to 36v. I don’t have a 36v system, so I can’t tell you how. Russell Marine did a video on it.

3. Member
    I have tried that. I cannot get it to work. Anything else I can try?

Try power cycling the trolling motor and going through the process again.

5. Banned
    Interesting, keep us informed.

6. Member
    I recycled the power, went into configuration mode and was able to get it adjusted properly this nice. This is the current situation. Cannot wait get on the water and test everything

20191204_235503.jpg20191204_235503.jpg

7. Banned
    Nice! Let us know if everything works correctly, I wanted to put my tmc puck that close; but didn’t because of the way the directions read. If yours works great, then I’ll move mine over to the center too!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Nice! Let us know if everything works correctly, I wanted to put my tmc puck that close; but didn’t because of the way the directions read. If yours works great, then I’ll move mine over to the center too!
    Thought you were going to try to use the Point 1 instead of the TMC?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    I have a point-1 on the stern of my boat.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Thought you were going to try to use the Point 1 instead of the TMC?

NoCAL

We never received any info on it, I’d rather use the point1; but who knows what we can use???

Do we even need a compass if we are just using the spotlock feature? I won’t be able to test anything for 3 weeks.

11. Member
    I won't be getting mine until sometime in Jan but I'm going to make every effort to use the Point 1 on the stern rather than drilling another hole up front. Based on the Lowrance site, they have taken down the instructions for the Point 1 so maybe it won't work but I would sure like it to!

https://www.lowrance.com/help-and-su...uideId=522-853
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    I won't be getting mine until sometime in Jan but I'm going to make every effort to use the Point 1 on the stern rather than drilling another hole up front. Based on the Lowrance site, they have taken down the instructions for the Point 1 so maybe it won't work but I would sure like it to!

https://www.lowrance.com/help-and-su...uideId=522-853

Ohhhhhhhhh, I didn’t realize they were gone. Guess it won’t work then.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwatson326 View Post
    I completed my install of the ghost last night. I noticed when I powered the unit on for the first time the 24 volts led came on. I hit the test button and it shows the batteries full and tapped it again hoping it would cause the voltage option to blink so I can select 36 volt but it just keeps. I checked the voltage at the power wire connection and I had 36.4 volts. Is there something I am missing. The video I watched and the Operation guide says it should recognize the load. I am waiting for a response from Lowrance
    Totally off the subject but... 36.4v on a 36v System seems pretty low. On a fully charged set it should be +/- 38v.