Lowrance Ghost Install on ‘06 519 VX

Anyone done this yet? Wondering if some type of spacer is necessary for the install? I want to have all my ducks in a row before I pull my Minn Kora off. Headed to Lakes Seminole and Eufala next week and want to avoid any hiccups and then have to find or make a spacer. Heard some scuttle that some Rangers were needing spacers. I saw where AMP was making one.

Its not unusual to need spacers under the trolling motor to clear the facia bezel on the front dash panel. Ranger used to sell the spacers or you could make one. I bought a piece of black polypropelene from a local vendor and made my own once. You could buy a cutting board and cut one out in a pinch or get some starboard from West Marine if you have one locally. The one I used was about 3/8" thick if I remember right. Yours could vary.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

3. Member
    You can get Marine Starboard from a few places online, cut to size, color you want, for cheaper than West Marine. I've ordered a couple times. If I remember correctly, you can even get corners rounded. The stuff works easily with standard wood working tools for drilling holes or rounding the top edge with router.

4. Member
    I believe I read where Lowrance includes some rubber spacers, but I have not opened the box as of yet. We have a West Marine nearby just in case.

Thanks guts.