What unit to buy???

So i just got a new to me boat, getting it all fixed up with new electronics and and stuff. I got the deal at basspro for the helix 10 g2n. Im planning on keeping it at console. Im trying to decide what to buy for the front. It will pretty much be used for just mapping and 2d. If it had di that would be fine to. Main thing is the mapping and sharing waypoints from the back. lookimg for something that wont break the bank either trying to stay under $600

No Helix units share mapping.

The lowest cost current third generation 2D sonar/GPS unit to share data with your Helix 10 is the Helix 7 CHIRP GPS G3N. MSRP is $550
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...-chirp-gps-g3n

There is a special run unit on sale that does 2D, SI, GPS and DI views for $499 if you can find one. Its mentioned in post #29 here:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....1019957&page=2
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    By not sharing mapping u mean i will have to buy 2 map chips correct? Im aware of this i just mean I’ll mainly use the front unit for mapping and sharing waypoints from the back unit. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    By not sharing mapping u mean i will have to buy 2 map chips correct? Im aware of this i just mean I’ll mainly use the front unit for mapping and sharing waypoints from the back unit. Thanks!

If you want the same added map data on more than one unit, you need more than one map product=one for each display.

If you want Humminbird units that share map data, those would be SOLIX units.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    If you get a G2N Helix and network it WILL be able to share WAYPOINTS.

You will not be able to share the topography map card. That being said, the Humminbird units come preloaded with at least 2 different map databases without a map card. Personally, I don’t find the the need for an extra map card up front. 99% of the structure graphing that benefits from detailed maps that I do is from the console.

6. Member
    I have a brand new Helix 8 Chirp G3N in the box still I would take $725 shipped if you're interested?
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    If you get a G2N Helix and network it WILL be able to share WAYPOINTS.

You will not be able to share the topography map card. That being said, the Humminbird units come preloaded with at least 2 different map databases without a map card. Personally, I don’t find the the need for an extra map card up front. 99% of the structure graphing that benefits from detailed maps that I do is from the console.
    I feel the same. I have Lakemaster HD cards for the lakes I fish frequently in the card reader of a console unit. I just use Humminbird Basemap Chart as the background for my shared waypoints from the back. As Wayne said, Helix units absolutely do not share mapping cards. You'd have to buy two of them to have that HD contour map both places.