Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long till Livescope 2.0 hits the market???

Wondering on opinions how long it will be before Garmin upgrades the current Livescope transduecers??

My guess is pretty soon. I just installed livescope on my boat.

Not to many folks can keep up financially with the constant upgrades.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    I think it will be a couple years. Im sure garmin is working on it already, but nobody is really challenging the livescope technology right now. They might as well sell more livescopes now and then sell them all again with the 2.0 livescope in a couple years.

Now, I could see them adding more variations of the livescope transducer, that use the same basic technology.

5. Member
    My guess would be this. ^^^

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

right^^^ I figure they would have sold panoptics for a couple more year but since they agreed to give Lowrance that tech they pumped out livescope to beat Lowrance to death.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    I don't think that I would buy the 2.0 the 1.0 is all I need, it's really opened up my eyes. I can go out and catch crappie on most days but you can find them and not catch them sometimes.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I"m still stuck in the old days with my PS22.....probably by time i buy the LS v3.0 will be out....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    I"m still stuck in the old days with my PS22.....probably by time i buy the LS v3.0 will be out....
    Don't be so quick to kick your PS22 to the curb.

I still have a PS21 on the stick with the Livescope.

Excellent search tool set out to 100ft. with the targets about 3X the size on Livescope.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Don't be so quick to kick your PS22 to the curb.

I still have a PS21 on the stick with the Livescope.

Excellent search tool set out to 100ft. with the targets about 3X the size on Livescope.
    Agreed, I love my PS22, I set it out to 125' when searching and it works fine. I've been on a friends boat with LS and I think for now it's not for me.
    If Garmin could combine the LS detail and Panoptix range and depth capabilities that would be a winner for sure.

Cheers
    C//
    8410XSV, 8612XSV
    GT15, GT40, PS30
    GPSMAP 536
    2022 Lund Impact XS 1775
    115 Pro XS

11. Member
    If Garmin could combine the LS detail and Panoptix range and depth capabilities that would be a winner for sure.
    If I was King, this is what I would command to my minions.

A "Search Mode" option in the Livescope menu.

0-50ft-------standard object size
    51--100ft---2x object size
    101+ft------3x object

Of course this would change object scale size automaticlly as the range distance changed.

And require no more than 2 button or touch strokes to engage said "search mode".

12. Member
    Now that i have both the ps22 and livescope on my boat and can run them side by side I see the major downfall of the ps22. It has a pretty good blind spot along the bottom. Id say 1ft on average. Livescope will pick up these fish very close to the bottom where the ps22 typically will not. For walleye fishing this is a huge deal. Depending on what your doing it may not be though. I use my ps22 for picking out structure at distance mostly and the livescope for picking out fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrochris View Post
    Agreed, I love my PS22, I set it out to 125' when searching and it works fine. I've been on a friends boat with LS and I think for now it's not for me.

Cheers
    C//

13. Member
    LWinchester noted on that when Livescope was new.

I wish there were more videos of catfisherman using it.

14. Member
    Use the PS 22 for ice fishing. Blind spots or no catch plenty walleye and other fish with it. On boat use the PS21 on electric trolling motor and transom mounted PS 30. If PS21 spots something the PS30 checks it out PDQ.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

15. Member
    Blind spot may not be exactly the right word, but without the livescope detail fish very near the bottom can just look like a small bump or rock. Unless they are moving quickly its very hard to distinguish between the two. Same issue fishing crappie on brush piles, fish just fade into the structure if they are holding tight. Old panoptix is still a great tool just has a few shortcoming for my uses.

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Now that i have both the ps22 and livescope on my boat and can run them side by side I see the major downfall of the ps22. It has a pretty good blind spot along the bottom. Id say 1ft on average. Livescope will pick up these fish very close to the bottom where the ps22 typically will not. For walleye fishing this is a huge deal. Depending on what your doing it may not be though. I use my ps22 for picking out structure at distance mostly and the livescope for picking out fish.

16. Member
    Blind spot may not be exactly the right word, but without the livescope detail fish very near the bottom can just look like a small bump or rock. Unless they are moving quickly its very hard to distinguish between the two. Same issue fishing crappie on brush piles, fish just fade into the structure if they are holding tight. Old panoptix is still a great tool just has a few shortcoming for my uses.

Seeing the fish can depend on the trails setting and what to look for if the fish are tight to structures or bottom.

See the fish in this ice fishing pic?
    Ignore the 4 or 5 fish that were released, at the top of the screen that are just under the ice and have not reurned to the bottom yet

Click pic for larger view.

II+II.jpg

17. Member
    Id agree for ice fishing its a bit less of an issue since the transducer is completely stationary. That means anything thats moving is pretty much a fish. Now in the boat the bottom is almost always changing slightly due to boat movement which for me makes it tough to determine.

Fish size is a factor also. Lot of small ones around here.

18. Member
    I dont typically run trails. I may have to try that.

Seeing the fish can depend on the trails setting and what to look for if the fish are tight to structures or bottom.

See the fish in this ice fishing pic?
    Ignore the 4 or 5 fish that were released, at the top of the screen that are just under the ice and have not reurned to the bottom yet

Click pic for larger view.

II+II.jpg

PS 22 gets it done for me. It will take something very bad A$$ for me to switch.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

0-50ft-------standard object size
    51--100ft---2x object size
    101+ft------3x object

Of course this would change object scale size automaticlly as the range distance changed.

And require no more than 2 button or touch strokes to engage said "search mode".
    I like that idea,, instead on TVG for (time variable gain) I would like TVS (Time variable size) So the further the object from the transducer the bigger it looks on the screen, that being adjustable of course.

As for the PS22 not being efficient at seeing close to the bottom, as a Lake-trout fisherman it does not affect me too much as most active Lakers are suspended. As a Walleye fisherman it does have it's inconvenience, as most Walleyes stay close to the bottom, they are hard to see on the screen.
    Maybe LS V2 on the horizon for me at some point but for now the PS22 combined with 2D and PS30 is working verry well for my needs.

Cheers!
    8410XSV, 8612XSV
    GT15, GT40, PS30
    GPSMAP 536
    2022 Lund Impact XS 1775
    115 Pro XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast