Don - Update you requsted on 250V8 performance.

See posts 16-18 of link below..
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1007326

Still haven't gotten to run the 30 pitch promax wide open yet..It will run over 85 with ease.
    Here are some numbers with a 28 Max 5 on my Basport with the 250R. It's a free phone app called Drag Racer. It's not the best for boats since starting requires the boat to be dead still. (Gets tricky with a little breeze) and definitely makes for a slower time vs a rolling start. Only made two passes as I had my dog with me. I know it will do better with some testing to trim correctly. Next time I'll make several runs and also do some to 85. I think this prop could run 87-88 @ 6200 with some coaxing.

drag race (2).jpg
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 12-04-2019 at 06:54 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Cool!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Link didn't work the first time --
    See posts 16-18 of link below. Hope to get the boat back out next week for some more testing . Hopefully the weather will coperate and I can run the 30 pitch WOT. Have heard three reports of 90 mph with the 250R on the Xb21 hulls. May have to get a bigger prop.. These motors have a ton of torque. Just wish it turned a little more rpm.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1007326

drag race (2).jpg