Ranger winch stand

Guys i'm about to pull my hair out. I've received the wrong winch stand from ranger now twice. Now their telling me i cant get the right one. Its the type that has 3 ubolt like bolts that you can adjust it. Needs to be 3 inches wide. Like what hopefully going to show up as an attachment.

I ordered the same thing for my previous ranger and i remember going through the same mess but eventually got the right one. But now there saying it isn't available. Which that in it self frustrates me because i know they have to make them. Who should i ask to speak with at Ranger boats, all the sales team have been no help so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    What year/model is the boat? It’s possible that after a certain time, certain parts no longer will be carried in stock. Not knowing what’s wrong with your current winch stand, is it impossible to get it repaired by welding? Anyhow, if you provide us the year and model, someone on here will have specific suggestions.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Trailer was missing the stand when I bought it. I had a 2003 195 that had the exact same winch stand as shown. The one in picture is off my neighbors 99 519 with tandem axle trailer. I also realize they don't keep them on hand, but when i ordered one for previous 03 195 vs they let me know it had to be made in their trailer shop and would take 2 weeks. I just find it hard to believe they cant re-make it like they did a few years back, i've seen many trailers with the same winch stand I just wish i could know the part number. Seams the sales people are looking at numbers vs seeing the actual part and what it looks like.

The picture of the trailer without a stand is where the stand will be mounted and held on by the 3 ubolts .
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    I replaced the one on my 2000 518 like that. I bought it from Walmart,used the new jack on the old bracket. It works fine.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I think he is looking for the winch stand not the wheel jack
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Can you use the one Ranger sent you by using bolts instead of ubolts? Or perhaps have a metal/welding shop make you one by copying your neighbors.
    Last edited by paulrodbender; 12-05-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    Can you use the one Ranger sent you by using bolts instead of ubolts? Or perhaps have a metal/welding shop make you one by shop copying your neighbors.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ Take the neighbors Wench stand and your trailer to a welding shop !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

https://www.easternmarine.com/boat-t...sts-mounts?p=1 Or you could make something from here work....

FYI, I never liked the 3 u-bolt winch stand I had on my 1999 Ranger trailer. The flat plates on the bottom would bend and the u-bolts would loosen causing the stand to walk on the trailer frame. Needed thicker plate or plates made from channel iron so they wouldn't bend.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    FYI, I never liked the 3 u-bolt winch stand I had on my 1999 Ranger trailer. The flat plates on the bottom would bend and the u-bolts would loosen causing the stand to walk on the trailer frame. Needed thicker plate or plates made from channel iron so they wouldn't bend.
    I agree. Always thought about welding or just drilling the plates and bolting it down on mine.

11. Member
    Thats very easy to fabricate or this one from Pauls link looks like it would be able to work. https://www.easternmarine.com/karava...y-310-01644-bt
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ Take the neighbors Wench stand and your trailer to a welding shop !
    Looks like that's the route i'm going to have to go. Kind of makes me mad though Ive already paid for the ones they have sent and neither will fit.

13. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Send them back and get a refund if they cannot match it to your serial number they must not have it...explain your situation
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years