Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't say I was real happy with some of the quality items in my RT 198P. I have one with NO carpet. Weld beads are present. Some welds not completed for the full seam. Wiring in the console, looks like a rat's nest. Had to drill a hole in the bottom of the console to allow water to drain out. Some of the compartment covers should have had some pads on them to keep it from rattling.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

2. Member
    I have had several Rangers and my '17 z520c is by far the best for fit and finish that I've had. I like the old series but they don't compare in my book. Some of
    the problems guy's have had I think some should have been addressed at the dealership. They should look the boat over really well and fix any issues.

3. Member
    Have had a 300 series, R series, 500 series, Z series, none any better than my 2017 520c.

4. Member
    Looking forward to buying Ranger 1850 or 1880ms June or 2020, will get an instock boat or order 2021 at 2020 price. I have a great outfit with F150 Yamaha, so if it dosent work out, its not big deal, age 76 and like to own one more new boat in my lifetime. If I do buy one it will be my 3rd Ranger.

I was happy to read all the positive comments which will motivate me to move toward buying a Ranger this summer.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Zero issues here... Beyond happy with mine.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

6. Member
    I am new to the Ranger family with a new to me 07 521VX that has been babied it’s whole life so it is still like new. All I can say is that when I look at the new boats on showroom floors I am more and more impresssed with my 07. So far I have not seen a boat I would rather have. Even the new Rangers don’t seem to have improved other than some little do-dads here and there. Disclaimer. My opinion may be due to the fact that I love my boat more than any boat I have ever had. I have owned Skeeter, Charger, Stroker, Champion. They all had their strengths but Ranger is the perfect blend and seems like it it built to stand the test of time.

7. Member
    Nothing wrong with these new boats. I’ve owned 7 from 96 up to a 2018 model and I seriously think the 2018 is nicer than the 96. Surprised I’m saying that but this 520L is a good boat. Just my opinion.
    2018 Ranger 520L with Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Fitzgerald Rods
    Lews Products
    River Runner Baits

8. Member
    From what I have read on all of these posts it sounds to me that whatever year boat you currently have has the best quality. Bottom line, Ranger quality is still going strong !!

9. Member
    So I was feeling negative on Ranger the last few years then went to a Bassmasters Classic Expo and spent some time looking at the cutout boat and sitting in the L Boats and I tell ya I have been impressed with what Ranger is today product wise. Do I like the way the company has changed hands etc no but the product still seems to be at the top of the heap in bass boats. There are other brands that make great boats but for me the Ranger just checks all the boxes. It’s not the fastest may not have some crazy Hole-shot or whatever but for me nothing compares to how a Ranger performs going down the bank on the trolling motor.
    2018 Ranger 520L with Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Fitzgerald Rods
    Lews Products
    River Runner Baits

10. Member
    just put a 2019 225 G2 on the back of my 2000 ,520 I will need seats and im fully updated no issues with this boat at all. p.s. some trailer work

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    So I was feeling negative on Ranger the last few years then went to a Bassmasters Classic Expo and spent some time looking at the cutout boat and sitting in the L Boats and I tell ya I have been impressed with what Ranger is today product wise. Do I like the way the company has changed hands etc no but the product still seems to be at the top of the heap in bass boats. There are other brands that make great boats but for me the Ranger just checks all the boxes. It’s not the fastest may not have some crazy Hole-shot or whatever but for me nothing compares to how a Ranger performs going down the bank on the trolling motor.
    That's why I bought another one. No other mfg puts the entire package together as well as Ranger
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

12. Member
    Love my Ranger. Everyone that fishes in my boat that owns Phoenix, Triton, Nitro and Skeeter say my 520 is a great riding, great fit and finish boat especially when the water gets rough. The only exception to this statement is my 2 friends that own BassCats, but they still say in rough water, Ranger all day. The quality and service I have gotten has been #1 and I can’t say I would look anywhere else. Get what you pay for and I have zero complaints.

13. Member
    My new rt 178 has a few issues . Thee are several spots where in the corners the carpet was cut short . All my compartment latches are loose . A simple turn of a wrench can fix that issue but the factory should have to do that not me. When I launch my boat it hits the spare tire . This is a design problem . Is it ez-loader or ranger I don't know .When I mounted the tm up front I had to put several washers under the front of the mount to keep it flat . I would thing that the aluminum was supposed to be flat but maybe not . When I first saw the boat at the dealer there was tons of bubbles under the decals on the side . The dealer massaged most of them out and got me a replacement set . This is fine because 5-10 years down the road when the decals are scratched ,faded , and peeling I will have free new ones waiting . Under the console there is a roughly 3 inch hole that should line up with the same size hole on the deck that it gets mounted to for wires to pass through. These holes are offset so much that I had to drill additional holes to run transducer cables and such. The same thing happened with the tool holder by the console . There are a few other little things also . My 2010 188 vx had a few issues too. These are my only personal experiences with ranger and they didn't live up to their reputation. I am sure every manufacturer has some problems though .

14. Member
    Hum my '86 372 is still fishing good. But after looking at and sitting in the newer ones I'm planning to get one by next summer good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

Looks like Ranger needs to step up the quality in their Aluminum Boat Manufacturing.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

16. Member
    I wonder if johnny took all the ranger guys and moved them over to the tracker line .

I'm going to start with...I'm happy with my Ranger. But she has had a few problems that makes me think I got a Friday boat.

Crack in the console gel coat, wrong cover, slow leak (more than likely the livewell), windshield screws stripped, front graph plate screws stripped, and now I found rub rail screws starting to back out. I just bought this boat last year September. Not even a year old and I have these issues. It's frustrating for sure. I know I have warranty, but it's not the point of it.

Every MFG has issues, I just don't like being the guy that gets one. AHAHAHAH
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    I'm going to start with...I'm happy with my Ranger. But she has had a few problems that makes me think I got a Friday boat.

Crack in the console gel coat, wrong cover, slow leak (more than likely the livewell), windshield screws stripped, front graph plate screws stripped, and now I found rub rail screws starting to back out. I just bought this boat last year September. Not even a year old and I have these issues. It's frustrating for sure. I know I have warranty, but it's not the point of it.

Every MFG has issues, I just don't like being the guy that gets one. AHAHAHAH
    Not good at all, did the dealer take care of your issues quickly or did you do most on your own. I am the market for a new Ranger or Triton but not so sure. I have a 2012 Ranger 1850 that I am very happy with. I am older and just like have the warranty for the next 3 to 6 years.

I would have to say my 19 boat is pretty good all around. I had one or two very minor things but its held up great. I was gonna jump across the street but right now I am not quite sure.
    Ryan Bauman 2022 Ranger 520R 250 Mercury ProXS Fourstroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12