Thread: '88 Classic 50?

'88 Classic 50?

Do I straighten the prop shaft or replace? It's slightly bent. Anyone know the part #? Thanks.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    See post #4...
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 12-06-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Mr Weed,I think the OP was asking about the prop SHAFT. Apparently his is bent.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're right.

I recommend REPLACING (straightening should be the last resort).

Do you have the engine serial number?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    0B137178 I haven't been on here for a while, I've been fishing.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Part# 75365 (NLA, but I've sent you a PM with a list of dealers that report to have some left).

7. Member
    Thanks. I see ebay has a few for around $40. The over $300 for a new one doesn't seem, to me, worth it. The whole engine isn't worth $300.

8. Member
    To close out this thread I bought a used straight one and replaced it. I think the total cost, including the seals and Oring was less than $60.