Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I believe FLW was closed upon the purchase. Or that seems to ring a bell from a Duckett interview. Could be wrong.
    Would you happen to remember where that interview was posted?
    I'll go search for it.
    Go Gators!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ST8Bugging View Post
    Would you happen to remember where that interview was posted?
    I'll go search for it.
    It was on BTL. So most likely the latest one which BTL interviewed Duckett. I could be wrong but something rings a bell that he said FLW llc would be closed.

This was while back so I could be wrong but that stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by basssj View Post
    What if you sign up to fish a Tuesday night jackpot tournament and there's a guy at the ramp collecting entry fees promising 90% payback. Tournament blasts off and 65 boats leave the ramp. Tournament organizer then decides to pocket the money and get out of Dodge. Everyone comes in for weight-in and there is no weight in, no prizes, poof, its all gone. I would take that personally and be hunting that sucker down. Truth is in this day in time, no hiding place is safe. I can't say that physical violence would enter the situation but someone would at least be looking over their shoulder for the rest of their life and lawyers would not be necessary during that conversation.
    That's called Fraud...obtaining money or property under false pretenses. I was alluding to that possibility in my post #144.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Not paying the Costa guys who qualified for the now defunct Cup, with minimum $10k payout for 12 anglers = $120,000

Not paying $20k of the TBF Nation winner

$100k in fines from Palaniuk and Swindle

$240,000 total.....looks like it went to the "Heavy Hitters" payout or in the pockets of MLFLWBPT.

Sad.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    Not paying the Costa guys who qualified for the now defunct Cup, with minimum $10k payout for 12 anglers = $120,000

Not paying $20k of the TBF Nation winner

$100k in fines from Palaniuk and Swindle

$240,000 total.....looks like it went to the "Heavy Hitters" payout or in the pockets of MLFLWBPT.

Sad.
    With the exception of the 100k, the other money does not exist.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    It does on paper and in accounting ledgers.

I still can't figure out why you defend MLF on every post. I know your in Oklahoma....employee?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Sadly that company and all contracts does not exist anymore. But I agree the new company could have done something and got great press for it.
    How did they manage to fulfill the AOY obligations to Dudley and not this guys? This guy won way before the AOY or Cup.

8. Banned

I still can't figure out why you defend MLF on every post. I know your in Oklahoma....employee?
    Definitely not , just someone trying to insert sanity into all the hate. I will watch more BASS coverage than BPT, followed all the tours last year, not a superfan of any of them really. That money you keep talking about doesnt exist. They were made a promise by previous owners. Every thread devolves into a bash on jm, duckett, bpt, etc. Doesn't matter what it is, no logic applied, its automatically their fault. Have you previously worked for mlf/bpt or related companies in any fashion?

9. Member
    I go to the Tbf national in March it will be interesting on what I hear

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    It was on BTL. So most likely the latest one which BTL interviewed Duckett. I could be wrong but something rings a bell that he said FLW llc would be closed.

This was while back so I could be wrong but that stands out.
    That's exactly what he said. FLW closed and MLFLW opened.

11. Member
    Definitely not , just someone trying to insert sanity into all the hate. I will watch more BASS coverage than BPT, followed all the tours last year, not a superfan of any of them really. That money you keep talking about doesnt exist. They were made a promise by previous owners. Every thread devolves into a bash on jm, duckett, bpt, etc. Doesn't matter what it is, no logic applied, its automatically their fault. Have you previously worked for mlf/bpt or related companies in any fashion?
    it is their fault. Yes, they are not legally obligated to pay this man but they now run FLW and are not fulfilling previous owners promises. THe general public will fault FLW, in turn MLF, for this situation. Not a great way to build a fan base, but more of a way to ruin one. My club is voting tonight to leave TBF, which means we will not pay our FLW dues. 15,000 TBF members do the same.....that will add up to real money and impact FLWMLFBPT. It sure doesn't sound like "growing the sport" type business practices.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    I go to the Tbf national in March it will be interesting on what I hear
    good luck! And please report back what you hear.

13. Member
    15,000 TBF member, paying $75 each to FLW is $1,125,00.

MLFLWBPT pissed them all off to save $20,000

I can see why I"m not as good of a business man as others....I would pay the $20K to save over $1 million.

14. Member
    Do you not think all of those payouts(cost) were factored into the received entry fees(revenue)? I really don’t see how FLW could be in massive debt, but yet MLF bought them out and essentially has the same gig going? An extra 5k per head entry fees, same employees, company structure, etc.? Unless they plan on giving BPT sponsor money to support FLW I just don’t get it. FLW either wasn’t in massive debt or MLF has to do some massive restructuring.

15. Member
    it is their fault. Yes, they are not legally obligated to pay this man but they now run FLW and are not fulfilling previous owners promises. THe general public will fault FLW, in turn MLF, for this situation. Not a great way to build a fan base, but more of a way to ruin one. My club is voting tonight to leave TBF, which means we will not pay our FLW dues. 15,000 TBF members do the same.....that will add up to real money and impact FLWMLFBPT. It sure doesn't sound like "growing the sport" type business practices.
    i’m not a big BPT guy.... but this isnt MLF owners fault.... They didn’t sell a company that had prior commitments. The previous owners could have paid this out or wrote into the contracts that it be paid out prior to selling. This is on FLW for not making sure these guys are compensated before selling. It’s not their obligation to for fill the prior owners promises…Could this help PR wise if MLF decided to give them anything, absolutely but they aren’t obligated ...as crappy as it is.

16. Member
    This may explain some of it.
    Skip to the 39:55 mark and watch though 41.30.
    Go Gators!

17. Member

Don't think he is "defending" MLF. MLF didn't get any of that money other than the buyout money, the entry fees and promises all went with the old FLW that is now closed according to what we are told. MLF has its faults, maybe could have handled the situation better, maybe some of the higher ups are not good guys (I don't know any of them to make that statement). But I think its unfair to expect them to give prizes and whatever was promised by another company and get bashed for not doing it. If I had Duckett $$$ I would just sponsor him. And, I'm really a BASS fan and member but don't know where the hate for MLF comes from.

18. Banned
    TBF dropped them yet?

19. Banned
    So did you ever work for them??

20. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    So did you ever work for them??
    You know you are wasting effort to type things to him....MLF could have given everyone a million dollars and a reach around, he still would find something to bitch and moan about.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast