Thread: Ultrex on Reata

Lucas M

Ultrex on Reata

I am putting a 52" 80lb Ultrex on my 2004 Ranger Reata VS. It is the bow style that has no glass lip up front, just bare carpet till the nose.

I am looking at putting on a quick release bracket to get some clearance from the floor. I am looking at the MKA-23 and the MKA-52, two different style brackets. I am a bass fisherman, and fish some rough water, anyone use these and have good luck with them?

Thanks!

2. Member
    I hate posting pics on here - if you want to text me at 802-233-zero755 I'll give you some good info.
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

3. Member
    I have the mka 52. and have been in some insane . weather.. it holds. was in 6-8 swells on rainy lake for for 25 miles or so. didnt break a thing . and I have a nitro.....:)
    i have a terrova . ultrex is a bit heavier but also has a kick stand so it should hold no prob.

I use stainless bolts and fender washers with rubber washers sandwiched under deck for cushion. it also helps to put a small shim in middle under lower plate..it flexes the pkate as you tighten bolts and takes all the slack out of the mount. .
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff