Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Actually it's not a FACT. It's a Conjecture. Diff is " an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information "
    Just trying to be accurate and informed.
    Take a deep breath Al. lol

2. Member
    Our small county fair booked Garth for a concert sometime in the early 90s and very few people around here had heard of him when the concert was announced at the beginning of that year. Between the time it was announced and the time the show was scheduled he had become the biggest star in country music. People were scalping tickets to the show for many times what they paid for them. A lot of people figured he would cancel the concert in our small town because he could have scheduled a show somewhere else and sold out a major arena but he came and absolutely blew everyone away. I couldn't get a ticket so I listened from outside the grandstand and it was amazing. A few years later he came back through and played about a weeks worth of shows in an arena in a near by town and I was fortunate to get tickets - hands down one of the best concerts I've been to.

My wife is from Oklahoma and his family used to shop in the same grocery store she worked at. She had only heard good things about him and his family from those who knew them, and while she hates country music she will watch and listen to Garth any time his music is on.
    2009 Tracker Pro 170 TX - Mercury 40 HP EFI

Quote Originally Posted by NitroVanDam View Post
    Actually it's not a FACT. It's a Conjecture. Diff is " an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information "

Just trying to be accurate and informed.

4. Member
    I've never met Garth, but have talked to several who have. They all say he treats everyone like family, takes pictures and the like while he is trying to shop.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

5. Member
    I got a friend who was doing some business up close to where Garth lives. He couldn't get in early one morning for a meeting, a few years ago so he went to local diner for breakfast. He doesn't do music so he didn't know Garth. He went in early and a guy sitting next to him started up a conversation about just general stuff. He said they the talked for a couple hours about oilfield stuff, and ranching. The guy left and he finished his breakfast. He got up to pay and the waitress said Garth paid for it and you are so lucky. The guy asked her why he should be lucky, and she said that was garth brooks. He still didn't know who he was. I say all of this just to point out Garth didn't even tell him who he was or even talk about himself. He got up and quietly paid for breakfast for a new friend. I am not sure that would be any different then a lot of us would have done under the same circumstances. I know a certain amount of entertainment is fake but I do think for the most part Garth has always been very humble and gracious to people.

How humble would any of us be if we went from dirt poor to top of country music , with has been pointed out in this thread, more money then they can spent, would still have any humbleness to them left or would we be a bunch of overinflated aholes.

The old until you have walked a mile in my shoes goes here.

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    My dad and I ran into Garth and Trisha at Academy in Tulsa prob 7-8 years ago. He and her both stood and talked with us for 10 solid minutes. Never would have known they were superstars by the way the acted. Super nice folks!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

Garth is genuine in my opinion.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123