Elite 9 TI Totalscan Transducer Mounting

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I received my black Friday deal from Bass Pro and need to install it.

I bought the Stern Pad Jumbo to install on the boat so I can avoid drilling holes into my new rig. I have experience with the 3M VHB tape in automotive and it is great stuff.

Here is my question, I know there is special manual that was included with Elite TI for the totalscan transducer, but do the mounting guidelines from the skimmer type still apply for location? (distance from outboard etc?) I've attached a screenshot to what I am referencing.

Also where is everyone mounting these generally? I don't have a jackplate so that method is out.

Do people mount these on the last step next to the plug and livewell intakes?

I've never had to mount a transducer this large and don't want to screw it up!

I would like to have on plane readings, but that is not a deal breaker for me as I might add a through hull transducer later on with a y cable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

2. Member
    I have mine mounted on an aluminum boat in position #4 with a Stern saver mount, it reads great and I can still see the bottom with 2d and DI up the 35 mph. Don't sweat it, it's no different than mounting a smaller one. I will also mention that mine is not a stepped hull, my suggestion is to look for images online of your boat and see where they are mounting the ducer.

3. Member
    Watch the video by Jacob Scott on YouTube on how to properly mount the transducer.

Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    Watch the video by Jacob Scott on YouTube on how to properly mount the transducer.
    I did watch this video last night.

Looks the be mounted to the port side of the outboard, is that ok? Manual says starboard for the skimmer type. That is part of my question/confusion.

2019 Triton 189 TRX

So, back to my question. Since it side imaging, seems like I would want it as close to the center of the boat as I can get it? How much room does it need to clear the outboard?

2019 Triton 189 TRX

6. Member
    Just put it where the video shows and make sure it is level. Takes a little twearking to get it right as the video shows.

Other than having readings while on plan, is there is downside to mounting the transducer of the transom of the boat near the motor rather than placing it down on the step by the pad next to drain plugs, etc?

Don't know if I'm comfortable mounting a transducer that low. I plan on putting a thru hull in at some point with a y cable.

2019 Triton 189 TRX