Possibly 2 Elite 9 TI2 - Networking and Functionality Questions

Hey all, Thinking about going the Elite TI2 route over the recent purchase of 2 Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI, DI G2N Units.

I can return them to Bass Pro and buy the Elite TI2 now, or hope and cross fingers for a sale..... 10% Off Gift Cards AT Bass Pro :) :)

Anyways.....

I know the Elite TI2 are wifi connected to each-other. That is great.

If you are recording contours on one of the units will it share it with the other?
    If you buy a better map card, will it share it with the other unit?

Lastly, I will eventually NEMA the front unit into a trolling motor for GPS Control and Spotlock.
    Will the helm unit need to be on the Nema network as well or will the WIFI allow the two lowrance units to stay connected and both control the trolling motor through that WiFI Connection?

Should we be looking at any other units besides the TI2?

We came from Garmin Echomap Plus 93sv (with the Crap CV52 transducer)
    Not sure we want to go back to Garmins, as panoptix is not in our near future.

We purchased the Hummingbirds but I hate how much extra money has to go into networking the units, with a trolling motor, buying 4 MAPPING CARDS for crying out loud, etc.....
    2 Lake master cards, and 2 auto chart live blank cards, just so we dont have to keep switching out cards.

2. Member
    Share maps - yes.
    Share live-mapping - no.
    Control TM - yes, both units will need NMEA2000.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Share maps - yes.
    Share live-mapping - no.
    Control TM - yes, both units will need NMEA2000.
    Thanks!