Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Helix G2N don't share Mapping Card Data?

You mean to tell me the Helix 10 Mega SI, DI G2N will not share the mapping data from the card that is in the unit with the other Helix Mega 10 G2N?

So.... you have to buy TWO Lakevu maps if you want both units to share the same graphing information?
    So.... You have to buy TWO AutoChart Zero lines if you want the front unit to have the same countour lines you are mapping with the front fish finder?

So.... If we are mapping the lake on the Helm, that newly created map wont be visible on our front unit?
    How else are you supposed to navigate using the front unit when using the trolling motor?

Please tell me I am wrong.... or the Humminbird website is wrong?!?!

2. Member
    Helix don’t share, solix does though

Have you considered taking the card out of one unit and inserting it into the other?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    You are, unfortunately, correct.

Moving the map cards between units is the only workaround I know of if you don't have two map cards.

5. Member
    I think its rediculous your $125 map card that is networked into a $1700 unit cannot be shared with another $1700 Unit, even if i Paid $1,000 for them originally.

The garmin $600 unit with a simple $10 SD card shares live mapping data from one unit to another via a $10 ethernet cable.

I guess i expected more common sense out of Humminbird, but that must make me the sucker.

So you are saying you pull the map card out of your unit every time you go from the helm to the bow? Stupid question if you ask me.

6. Member
    Maybe.... Maybe.... Hummingbird can come out with a software release that will bring that to the Helix Models. Maybe if we make a big enough fuss. Then again, if they can make people buy multiple cards, its a win for them.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnc2 View Post
    I think its rediculous your $125 map card that is networked into a $1700 unit cannot be shared with another $1700 Unit, even if i Paid $1,000 for them originally.

The garmin $600 unit with a simple $10 SD card shares live mapping data from one unit to another via a $10 ethernet cable.

I guess i expected more common sense out of Humminbird, but that must make me the sucker.

So you are saying you pull the map card out of your unit every time you go from the helm to the bow? Stupid question if you ask me.
    No I don't have to do that because I did my research before my purchase and bought Solix.
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

8. Member
    Well I'm glad i have 90 days to return them, This might be a reason too.....
    I did my research before installing them, and I haven't even received them yet.

I'm glad you shelled out another 2,000 dollars or more so you could share mapping data between units :)

9. Member
    And by 2,000 more i mean more like 5,000 more from the looks of it. Great work.

And by 2,000 more i mean more like 5,000 more from the looks of it. Great work.
    Little do you know what I paid.
    NRA Life Member

Well I'm glad i have 90 days to return them, This might be a reason too.....
    I did my research before installing them, and I haven't even received them yet.

I'm glad you shelled out another 2,000 dollars or more so you could share mapping data between units :)
    You sure are complaining about not spending that 2k more...
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

12. Member
    Maybe the free basemap will work for you. It's in there
    Maybe.... Maybe.... Hummingbird can come out with a software release that will bring that to the Helix Models. Maybe if we make a big enough fuss. Then again, if they can make people buy multiple cards, its a win for them.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    You sure are complaining about not spending that 2k more...
    With all the things one must consider when trying to swim through the endless decision of what Units to go with....
    Yes, Cost is probably number 1
    And yes, $2,000 additional dollars on an already $5,000 setup so that I can have what seems like a basic function, clearly is a basic function on the Solix, was disappointing is all!
    If you dont mind you can send me the 2k :) Thanks!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Maybe the free basemap will work for you. It's in there
    I considered that.... We are going with the Linked Ultrex so we really wanted to take advantage of all that has, including follow the contour.
    We might have just been a bit spoiled coming from Garmin's feature rich (but horrible picture quality) units. They share basic mapping, they share advanced mapping, and its just done well.....
    Its becoming more and more apparent you really have to be ready to spend the extra mulah for the pretty pics.

15. Member
    You can use all of the linked ultrex features with a single map card and two units.

16. Member
    With all of the associated cost of fishing and boating equipment, buying an extra map card doesn't seem like a big deal.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanatictcg View Post
    With all of the associated cost of fishing and boating equipment, buying an extra map card doesn't seem like a big deal.
    Its 2 map cards, or $225 Retail.
    I want to keep the Hbirds.... badly.
    Its just $2,000 more for crazy accessories that other units dont need.

I guess its just complaining but you dont have to be rich to enjoy fishing. Hummingbird takes you to the cleaners with all the needed accessories for their units.
    For example : $40.00 adapter to mount a transducer to your trolling Motor. Garmin throws in a transom mount and a trolling motor mount.

I understand their images are top notch, but Maybe I posted this on the wrong wall, you all clearly love the birds.... are you all telling me the extraordinary extra costs they put on you are well worth it?
    I am seeking honest oppinions.... I am just having trouble justifying all the extra costs.

18. Member
    If money is tight, for $30 you can download a single HD lake. It works for me but I don't plan on dragging my boat anywhere. If you fish several waters the Lakemaster chip makes more sense. I used to "justify "spending money for fishing but discovered if I could afford it I didn't need to do that anymore. Crazy accessories is something I try to avoid. Problem is, if they work for you they are no longer crazy. My time on the water is important to me and I think making it more fun is money well spent. You have different ideas an different needs. Good fishin! Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    If money is tight, for $30 you can download a single HD lake. It works for me but I don't plan on dragging my boat anywhere. If you fish several waters the Lakemaster chip makes more sense. I used to "justify "spending money for fishing but discovered if I could afford it I didn't need to do that anymore. Crazy accessories is something I try to avoid. Problem is, if they work for you they are no longer crazy. My time on the water is important to me and I think making it more fun is money well spent. You have different ideas an different needs. Good fishin! Bob
    well said, the money isn’t tight.... I married a doctor, but I too don’t justify spending absorbent amounts of cash if I don’t have to.
    It’s just trying to make the purchase on the right units so we don’t feel we made a wrong decision. I hate buyers remorse and this is attempt number 2

20. Member
    Cost aside, the ability to share a map card is an easy function to program. The units already can share data and the code for sharing map card date exists in the HB library. This is simply a feature differentiator between the top level product and the next level down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast