Dogfish_Jones

Who has the lowest price......

...on a Helix 7 DI w/GPS?

I would love to find me another Helix 9 DI w/ GPS for $699 like the one I got last year. But I've yet to find a sell that low on one. It can be a G2 series too.

2. Member
    Give Brian at BB&G marine a call.

Give these guys a try.......board sponsor

www.ftomarineelectronics.com

2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

4. Member
    You missed it. I snagged on at Bass Pro last Friday for $399.

5. Dogfish_Jones
    I got 2 Helix 7 SI for $449 at Cabela's online, they were cheaper than the basic sonar unit in the G3 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I got 2 Helix 7 SI for $449 at Cabela's online, they were cheaper than the basic sonar unit in the G3 series.
    What are the first six digits of their serial numbers and the transducer model name? It shows G2N on the Cabela's site.

Wanting to see if those are also HW promotion units instead of G2N's that were discontinued last year.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Dogfish_Jones
    I ordered them today Wayne , they should be in Friday and I will get you that information.
    Is one better than the other?

I ordered them today Wayne , they should be in Friday and I will get you that information.
    Is one better than the other?
    The Helix 10 and 12 HW promo units have HW CHIRP 2D sonar. That is what needs to be determined with the H7's you bought.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    dog_fish. PM sent.

10. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    dog_fish. PM sent.
    Sent one back at ya.

11. Dogfish_Jones
    Well crap...just got an email saying those units are on back order. I hope they will keep it at the same price or they don’t send me another email saying they no longer have anymore to ship even for back orders.

**UPDATE** It seems they did ship one of my units to me and the other one was back-ordered.
    Last edited by Dogfish_Jones; 12-05-2019 at 01:01 PM.

12. Dogfish_Jones
    I ordered two of the Helix 7 SI G2 from Cabelas, they had on special. They shipped me out one and back-ordered the other one. I called them today and ask when they might ship out the other one. They said they would not have them in until Spring.
    The lady ask me if there was another one that I might consider. I looked and the closest one was the Helix 7 DI G3 but it was for $549. She check with her supervisor and they dropped the price to $499. I got that one instead. I am only going to use this one for my mapping anyways so it doesn't really hurt it will not have SI. The SI unit will be mounted right above this other one on my bow so this will work out just fine.
    It was nice of Cabelas to even offer a replacement at a lower cost to me. I went from a G2 to a Mega G3 for only $50.

13. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    What are the first six digits of their serial numbers and the transducer model name? It shows G2N on the Cabela's site.

Wanting to see if those are also HW promotion units instead of G2N's that were discontinued last year.
    Wayne,

I got the Helix 7 SI in today the transducer is the XNT 9 SI 180T. S/N 190603872263

The Helix model is the - 410310-1

Wayne,

I got the Helix 7 SI in today the transducer is the XNT 9 SI 180T. S/N 190603872263

The Helix model is the - 410310-1
    That is the normal Compact SI transducer that has been used for about a decade. Evidently that is not a HW promo unit like the G2N SI 2019 models and is not a G3 either.

I have a Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3 on my desk now. The transducer that came with it is XTM 9 HW MSI 150 T.
    I have a Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2 and that came with the XNT 9 SI 180 T.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Dogfish_Jones
    Thanks for that info

Thanks for that info
    This is the two transducers. The one on the left with the offset from center temp sensor is the HW G3 transducer.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL