Lowarnce warranty repair info

Sent my Carbon back for warranty repairs on 11/7 got it back 11/30. It froze on the opening screen.... Anyway got
    it back and found none of my waypoint were deleted...……….. So shipping and insurance is not cheap..... Does
    Lowrance have information on what they did to repair my unit?..... And could I have avoided all the inconvenience
    by doing something more then a hard or soft reset.

Just thinking,
    But that's what usually gets me in trouble

2. Member
    YOU DIDN"T save your waypoints to an SD Card prior to sending it in??????? Come On, you didn't think that you may not get the original unit back?

3. Member
    I could not get past the opening screen. That's why i could not save my waypoints. I knew the was a chance
    I would not get my unit back.... I do know that the serial numbers match...………….So here's my story.

Did an upgrade on my Live in the garage. Did the hard reset...……….. Went to retrieve my waypoints on the
    Carbon by hooking back up the ethernet...…………. Went to turn the Carbon on and it froze..... Have done
    this with several times without a hitch...……. I am in the process of getting several SD cards so this won't
    ever happen again...….. My bad lesson learned...…...

I sent a carbon 16 in this spring that did the same thing. All they did is do a soft reset or something and send it back to me. Same serial number and everything. I was pissed because the next day it froze again. It constantly resets back to version 4.0 even after I update it. I lived with it and used it all summer. Just never turned it off and left it in standby. It’s going back to lowrance again this winter because I didn’t want to not have it for another month during the season. This time they should replace it for me with a new unit because this one is junk.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

To add to my above. Key for me was to unplug the unit and turn it back on over and over until eventually it loads up. Then leave it on for weeks on end. If I shut it down by accident it would randomly turn back on over and over again. Constantly resets itself during the day. I would say 4 resets per 12 hour day.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

6. Banned
    I sent a 3d system back for repair when they first came out and it took over a month to get it back. Sold all my L stuff and changed brands that next week. There is no excuse for turnaround times like that in today's modular world.

And to get the same unit back with no repair explanation? Not for me.......