Very old Rapala I think

Guys, first off I am not at the lake cabin where the bait in question is located tonight but I’ll ask for some direction on a bait I have. Several years ago I purchased a complete tackle box from an estate sale. The box is full of baits in their boxes which helps but there are a couple of lures that are very intriguing and I believe pretty rare. The one I need help identify is a hand carved balsa topwater bait that is in a Finnish box. No paint on the life but some old varnish it appears. What publication do you recommend that might lead to some answers on the bait? I am pretty sure it is a very early Rapala made bait. The box is wooden and has a metal fish on the outside. I’m guessing 1930’s or 40’s. Thanks and if anybody wants to see pictures I’ll be glad to post them tomorrow.

2. Member
    I think rapalas came out in the 50's? I remember stories of guys renting one for a day when they first came out because they were so good. As the old saying goes, this post is pretty much useless without photos. Will be interesting to see them.

3. Member
    Yes pictures would be a big help.

4. Member
    I'm interested in the pictures as well
    Cheese County Bass Club