Casting guide recommendations

Building on a St Croix 7'9" H blank "punching rod".

How is the Fuji KW guide Set? 7J (1), 6J (1), 5J (10) ???

I dont want big guides but I don't really want tiny micro's either.

Thinking about splurging on Ti Torzites... ($110 set from Mud Hole retail) But.... will I really notice/feel the difference vs say Alconite ($30 set retail from MH) ?

Or or should I piece a set together? I love the KL-H guides this group turned me onto for my spinning rods. All I build on is the Alconite's.
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

2. Member
    In my opinion almost no one could discern the difference. If it were mine i would be going with the alconites. I do have a couple rods with the torzites bit i would be hard pressed to say there is a big difference in weight, feel, or sensitivity.

3. Member
    Torzites are a waste of money IMO, Alconites will be just fine...you'd never know the difference in the finished rod.

I'd suggest the following guide train...Stripper KWAG07, then KBAG6, KBAG5.5 and then KTAG5.5's the rest of the way out. You could go 8, 7, 6 and then 5.5's as well. 5's will work too, 5.5's are just my preference.

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

5. Member
    I tend to go overboard. For me if it is going to be a bottom contact rod that I want to feel everything with I will go Titanium Torzites. I typically start with a 7 or 8 stripper guide then got KBAG6, 5, 4 and finish off with KTAG4s the rest of the way. Have used Titanium Torzite, Alconites, and the CRB Elite and LZR guides, will say to me the titanium torzite eyes are the easiest to wrap. Guess they may be thinner metal but the thread tends to just go right up them with little effort.