Helix Software Update Issue

Updating software on my helix 12 chirp si g2n and 9 chirp gps g2n, everything went smooth with the 12 but as the 9 was updating it started shuting down and rebooting over and over. After 10 minutes of doing this I disconnected power and tried it again. It turns on and shuts down over and over as before. Anyone ever have this happen?

2. Member
    Had this happen on a g1 helix 10. Called Humminbird and had to send it in to be repaired.

Exact same thing happened to me with a Helix 10 Si G2N. I updated both my bow units, which are G3N units, without issue. My console unit didn't take the update the first time, but did the second time and all seemed well. Next day on the water it would power up and then 30 seconds later reboot. Does this no matter where I connect it. So I need to contact HB as well, but my boat is currently in the shop so I'll have to wait as I know they will want me to hook it up with them on the phone...

Also, I was using the FishSmart app to do the update...first time using it and the G3N units updated perfectly. Too much to ask for all of them to work like they should!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    I was using the fishsmart app. Don't know for sure but think there was a problem with the download or from the transfer to the unit. I contacted humminbird and they emailed me a shipping label to send in the unit for repair. Hopefully it want take long to get back. I have had good luck with hummingbird/minnkota customer service in the past and hope that doesn't change.