Thread: Pedal commander

Pedal commander

I've got an 2018 f150 sport w/ 3.5 eco, I am unhappy with the lag I seem to have from the time stepping on the pedal to when it gets going, it seems to load up expecally in sport mode, which most people say they love because of how snappy it get going, I don't see it? Would I benefit by adding a throttle commander? Or is it in my head? I've brought it to the dealer for one of the many recalls and asked them to look into the lag but they say it's fine, am I expecting to much?
    Cheese County Bass Club

I have the pedal commander on my 2018 Ram 2500. I try not to giggle when I punch the pedal. It will eliminate the "lag" from milliseconds to zero incrementally. Installation took about 3 minutes (most of that time was spent trying to tie wires out of the way. Well worth the money if you don't want to spend it on an actual "tuner" and lower your MPG.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    A tuner will only lower your mileage because of the increased pedal mashing. If you drive with mileage in mind it actually helps your mileage. Nothing miraculous, but about a 2 mpg increase is what I see.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

Probably true....but I don't have that much common sense sometimes.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I installed a Pedal Commander in my 2010 Jeep Wrangler and it made all the difference in the world! I'd hate to drive it without it. I think I have it set on City +2 or +3. It doesn't really tune anything, just speeds up the ratio of pedal movement to throttle movement.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Probably true....but I don't have that much common sense sometimes.
    �� happens to the best of us
    Cheese County Bass Club

7. Member
    Thanks for the input all, I'm on the fence at 300 bucks but if I cross a deal I'll probably pick one up
    Cheese County Bass Club

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    I installed a Pedal Commander in my 2010 Jeep Wrangler and it made all the difference in the world! I'd hate to drive it without it. I think I have it set on City +2 or +3. It doesn't really tune anything, just speeds up the ratio of pedal movement to throttle movement.
    Sport +2 in my Ram. Put it in Sport Plus +4 (because why wouldn't you?)...that's a dangerous setting.
    2016 Nitro Z21

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Sport +2 in my Ram. Put it in Sport Plus +4 (because why wouldn't you?)...that's a dangerous setting.
    Oh yes, I've tried that! And even with the anemic 3.8, it'll snap your neck! Some of that might have to do with the 4.88 gears, too!
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

10. Member
    I’ve got one in my 2017 3.5 ecoboost crew cab. I run in city 3 mode pretty much all the time. If I put it in much more than that I burn rubber a lot! It’s got plenty of punch and still allows you to put into sport mode (normal setting). I’ve tried it in the sport mode and it really jumps off the line. Never even tried in sport plus mode. I think it does a nice job all the way around!