Thread: Tire Alignment

Tire Alignment

I recently noticed that one of the four tires had some dramatic wear and obviously needs adjustment. Does a tire shop like Discount Tires or a retail shop like that do this type of work - or what do you recommend? Thanks.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    What kind of suspension?

This is probably going to a job for a dedicated trailer shop. Could also be bearings if the wear is on the inside.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

i am told they all will simply measure to see if it is aligned right, so you can do that. i ended up with a new "dexter wet bolts" kit to fix my issues a couple of us did this a couple months ago and there is a bunch to read if you search it
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    What kind of suspension?

This is probably going to a job for a dedicated trailer shop. Could also be bearings if the wear is on the inside.
    It's a 1999 Ranger Trail Trailer. I'll do a search in my area for trailer repair. What about a Ranger dealer?

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    It's a 1999 Ranger Trail Trailer. I'll do a search in my area for trailer repair. What about a Ranger dealer?
    What kind of suspension and how is it wearing? Could be as simple as changing the trailing arm if it’s a torsion axle.

Ranger dealer might be able to recommend somebody, but not likely going to be able to bend the axle.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

A 1999 trailer does not have a torsion axle. It's a traditional leaf spring. A Ranger dealer might be able to refer you to an alignment shop that can do the alignment. But, the dealer won't be able to do it. Call the Ranger Trailer Department and they can give you all the info you'll need on how the alignment is done so that you can tell your local alignment shop.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Depending on where you live and services available it may be best to change the axle.
    Depending on the model some are not very expensive.