Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Pic of my 113chd - notice the bubbling on the lower edge and right side. If the image is rotated, the glare is at the bottom. It seems to have similar symptoms of the Ruggedized computers I mentioned. The Ruggedized computers progressively worsened over time and the worst actually leaked some type of fluid on the screen edge similar to tacky glue that never dries. Being the notebook screens are/were stored face down, I was curious if anyone had similar issues with their older graphs. Note that I’ve always removed mine and store them facedown inside...

7F86F4F9-B41D-4B9E-BAEE-979B9264BC82.jpeg

Storage? What’s that? Don’t they stay on the boat all year long?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    LED screens are the same as LCD screens the only difference is the back light is led vs cold cathode. So anyways my lowrance hds book says it's good to -40F and well I left it in the boat in a cold detached garage last year and there was a stretch of -35 for 2.5 weeks last year. It survived.
    That is WHY my emphasis was on OLD, since as you said they are cold cathode fluorescent lamp, and I know that my fluorescent lamps in my shop are heavily affected by cold.
    Otherwise, you are right about the similarity of process.

4. Member
    My biggest concern is the open ports on the back of the unit while trailering. Would water and bugs be an issue? I'm putting a vertical stacked double mount on the bow and like to leave units but trying to come up with a protective cover for the whole unit not just the screen. Have a couple of RipaLip covers that I really like but don't make one to cover double stacked units.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12