Thread: Reel-Ex Service

Reel-Ex Service

I just want to express my sincere appreciation for the services recently provided by Mr. Dan Isaacs. After reading the many great testimonials on Dan’s website I decided to give him a try and I was not disappointed.

I had two Chronarchs and three Curados to send in for service. One Curado and one Chronarch felt rough on retrieve. This has been a persistent problem. Both of these reels were serviced by Shimano last year with little improvement. Anyway, not here to bash Shimano service rather praise Reel-Ex.

Dan provided great communications, excellent service, surprisingly fast turnaround time and at a very reasonable cost. Wow, it just doesn’t get any better! This is a business model that many others across the US should follow.
    Vic
    Eastern KY

Last edited by Kerz321; 12-02-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Preparedness plus Opportunity = Luck

2. Member
    Did he fix the one that was rough on the retrieve? Or did it need new gears?

3. Member
    He fixed both that were rough on retrieve. The Chronarch required some new gears.
    Vic
    Preparedness plus Opportunity = Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kerz321 View Post
    I just want to express my sincere appreciation for the services recently provided by Mr. Dan Isaacs. After reading the many great testimonials on Dan’s website I decided to give him a try and I was not disappointed.

I had two Chronarchs and three Curados to send in for service. One Curado and one Chronarch felt rough on retrieve. This has been a persistent problem. Both of these reels were serviced by Shimano last year with little improvement. Anyway, not here to bash Shimano service rather praise Reel-Ex.

Dan provided great communications, excellent service, surprisingly fast turnaround time and at a very reasonable cost. Wow, it just doesn’t get any better! This is a business model that many others across the US should follow.
    Vic
    Eastern KY

Thank you Vic, that means alot! I really appreciate you taking the time. The Chronarch was a pinion gear and pinion yoke issue. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Thank you Vic, that means alot! I really appreciate you taking the time. The Chronarch was a pinion gear and pinion yoke issue. Dan
    Sent you a PM regarding a gear swap.

I have no PMs youll need to call
    650 454 4938. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    Sent you a PM regarding a gear swap.
    I found it my bad...normally I do not have time to reply to PMs but I am always available by phone. The reason I probably did not respond was I do not offer advice when others are performing the work. Sorry, Dan

8. Member
    Spoke to Dan about some work I need done extremely quick communication Looking forward to having him service my stuff