Thread: PS-21

PS-21

Last edited by aarchdale; 02-20-2020 at 05:44 PM.

2. Member
    Images are a bit hard to see when zoomed but a few things come to mind. 1- probably not the issue but figure out that low 10.2 volts. 2- Looking at the arrays on the screen, it seems that you might not have the ducer mounted right. I would speculate that it’s “aimed” up too far. Point it down a bit and that may get you the pic you want. I run a ps31 and it took a bit of tweaking the angle of the ducer to get things working good. 3- use manual depth to fill that screen. Especially at 25 ft of water.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

3. Member
    Last edited by aarchdale; 02-20-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

have you reset it to stock settings?
    start there, even if they are set to stock for some reson this affect my livescope, like it gets confused
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Start all over.

1. Reset defaults. Menu->Sonar Setup->Installation->Restore Sonar Defaults
    While in the Installation check Install depth and make sure Use AHRS is ON. Might as well calibrate the compass

2. Set the mounting angle at 45 degrees.
    3. Gain - Auto Medium
    Depth- Manual. Make it more than the current depth
    Forward Range 70
    4. Under Appearance
    Trails OFF
    Bottom Fill ON.
    Grid overlay ON
    Scroll History HIDE
    5. Set Noise Rejection to Medium

I don't recall if the PS21 software has a TVG setting. If it does, set it LOW or OFF
    Double check the angle of the trolling motor shaft when deployed. Many I see lay back under the bow instead of being plumb.

Now go near a sloping bank or bridge pier or something like that that is visually obious. You would easily be able to see a difference between pointing at the bank and away from the bank.
    Learn how to do screenshots. You need a memory card. Press and hold HOME to make a screenshot.
    Let us know how it goes and post some screenshots.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Once you get that 21 dialed in you won’t want to fish without it.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,