Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I know you said other than Z-man, but man do they have some good options. The TRD Bugs and TRD Hogs are great beaver / creature profiles, while the TRD Craws are amazing realistic craw baits. On the latter, the way the claws float up off the bottom just looks incredible...I caught a bunch with those on a 1/8-3/16 finesse jig this year, and what amount I did fish the Ned rig caught quite a few on those as well. The durability doesn't hurt either. That said, there is the issue of storage that some don't like, and the issue of getting them to play nice with certain bait keepers. I still don't think you can do a lot better than the TRD Craws for a Ned craw bait though!

If it's a matter of not liking Elaztech, there are quite a few mold makers that have basically knocked it off at this point. If you find someone that has one they could make them with normal plastic.

What I really feel like is missing from Z-Man's lineup is something similar to a Rage Bug or Z-craw, a sort of beaver profile with action "claws." As mentioned above, the new Strike King Rage Ned Bug looks like it will work really well there, though this is getting away from what the OP seems to be after. I'd really, really like to see both Ned size and "regular" size offerings from Z-Man in that category.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

2. Dogfish_Jones
    I have tried a lot of different setup and different companies offering Ned Rig applications, I have yet to find one that does it better than the Zman 3.75 TRD.

3. Member
    My apologies. Going off topic here. I'd love to see Z-man make a 4" lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I
    What I really feel like is missing from Z-Man's lineup is something similar to a Rage Bug or Z-craw, a sort of beaver profile with action "claws."will work really well there, though this is getting away from what the OP
    Z-Man Bugz, and they work.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Z-Ma...age-ZTRDB.html

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I've got some of them (actually mentioned them in a part of my post that you trimmed off when quoting it) and fish the hell out of the Palmetto Bugs, but I'm talking about something with action claws. These are a beaver style bait - an awesome one at that - but not what I was referring to. The claws don't "flap" on these.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I'll still use the Zman stuff. I also have a 2 incher in mind with a slight flapping action that i can do some modifications to the baits pretty easily after shot when wanted. I totally agree that Zman stuff is great on the ned rig.

7. Member
    Man go to Whopper baits and look at the 3.5 boxing craw. It’s a good bait and Bobby can custom color for you.

8. Member
    Some good suggestions here for sure. I fish some crayfish rich waters one of which is off my back deck with bottled water clarity to 15’ (river) most of the year. If they’re looking down and keyed on them and not up on my chubs/shiners UP during certain periods (now). I’m confident I can feed them with something edible looking “enough” to pass their inspection. Color choice/cadence (how long I dead stick if at all and imparted quiver if any) plays a role for me. The harder for me to see on the bottom the better which changes with the season. I ardently look in my fishes mouth for keys when unhooking. When those antennas are staring back at me I know I did good. Smallmouth are all that I fish.

Good fishing sir.
    Last edited by TravisM; 12-11-2019 at 08:37 PM.
    In Fisherman Midwest Finesse
    American Legacy Fishing Company
    Costa
    Jackson Kayak
    Nikko
    Pro Cure
    Rapala
    Simms

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I've got some of them (actually mentioned them in a part of my post that you trimmed off when quoting it) and fish the hell out of the Palmetto Bugs, but I'm talking about something with action claws. These are a beaver style bait - an awesome one at that - but not what I was referring to. The claws don't "flap" on these.
    Gotcha, yes a flapper would be nice.

I don't know if these are any better than Z Man Crawz but it's another option.

https://www.tacklesupplydepot.com/Re...-craw-mini.htm
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

11. Member
    Thanks guys.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpcard View Post
    I don't know if these are any better than Z Man Crawz but it's another option.

https://www.tacklesupplydepot.com/Re...-craw-mini.htm

For me, the Reins Ring Craw is deadly but they are very soft and durability is not there. Only a 1-2 fish bait

It happens that I ordered a few packz (see what I did there?) of Z-Man HogZ. It isn't my intent to NED them, but on a Dropshot rig. Should look like a water bug or something?
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

14. Member
    Why fix when it works?
    1/20oz Shroom head with Zman TRD craw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Member
    James you are the spinning pro.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_James View Post
    Why fix when it works?
    1/20oz Shroom head with Zman TRD craw.
    Not saying i won't still use the zmans because i will, but i also want another style small craw that i can use for a few different techniques since i make my own baits & colors. I absolutely know the zman baits work extremely well, but i can add micro bubbles to make mine if wanted too & also custom color combos for day or night. I also want a slow light flapping style craw to try on it just to see how they work on the deep summer night time smallmouth bite around here. I'll be fishing them on a 1/5 ounce head down to 35 or so feet when the fish are very funky with mid to upper 80s water temps down to around 35 feet. Just something different to try & if i don't like it i can sale the mold along with a bunch of others i don't use much anymore.

17. Member
    1/5oz, that heavy, what size hook? I like to use RageTails craw/menace Grub on standup jig also, you might be able to get away with baby version.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_James View Post
    1/5oz, that heavy, what size hook? I like to use RageTails craw/menace Grub on standup jig also, you might be able to get away with baby version.
    Lurecraft 8x161c

RBT custom baits. Great baits and great service. He will even make you custom colors. He has a face book page and shows his craws on a ned rig.

Mike Beachy 2020 TRX 21 250 Pro XS 4S

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeachy View Post
    RBT custom baits. Great baits and great service. He will even make you custom colors. He has a face book page and shows his craws on a ned rig.
    mbeachy, i make my own plastics too. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast