Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Post edited / removed per request......
    Last edited by cobracrazed; 02-09-2020 at 08:01 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NORRIS CRAFT 1 View Post
    This is the worst news I have ever heard about a new boat & motor. The problem I see with this is you will probably never be able to sell this boat to anyone if you decide to keep it. You have went thru absolutely hell with this ordeal. Triton should have given you a new motor & boat period.
    I know your pain my friend & I hope you can get your boat back soon & put all this behind you. A lot of people have seen this post & quite a few have lost a lot of faith in Triton Boats over your painful ordeal. Good luck sir.
    damn right. Sir, I can tell you this, Triton knows damn good and well they should have as well, but they don’t want to set a precedence and want others thinking they can get a new boat in this situation. Folks don’t realize this but he told Triton he would UPGRADE to a brand new boat and pay the difference if they would simply credit him what he paid for the lemon and they wouldn’t do it. Why is that? Because they want him stuck with it. It’s that simple.

Glad you see it!!!!! Some are blinded by their favorite brand.

3. Member
    And as for the moderator, if you want to delete my posts or delete me, so be it, but it would be a mistake deleting this post. More ppl will have this issue in the future and this thread should be up FOREVER to help others in the future.

4. Banned
    Now the boat is at the plant and all seems to be well maybe the drama can slow down, the OP has handled the situation with a lot of class and patience. Probably more than I would have had but cobra could dial it down a notch and see how his friend is handling the situation. Drama gets nothing but more drama and keyboard warriors that get nothing accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by cobracrazed View Post
    And as for the moderator, if you want to delete my posts or delete me, so be it, but it would be a mistake deleting this post. More ppl will have this issue in the future and this thread should be up FOREVER to help others in the future.
    As CaymasMan250 has just said, you need to dial it down a bit. You had threatened to post Roy's PM's to you and that would have had you banned. PM's are Private Messages and need to stay that way.
    Roy asked my opinion and I told him to let you know that if you copied/pasted the PMs that you would be banned.

6. Member
    Sounds good. I won’t post anymore. Hopefully the post continues to stay up forever. It should for the sake of others in the future. I will ask Roy politely, again, quit private messaging me.

7. Banned
    Looks like this thread has made a turn for the good for all involved

8. Member

Itsahog, it was a bashing post coming from me so I don’t disagree with you........ I bashed them the entire time and they deserved it (i am a brand new Triton boat owner soooo), but because of this thread and the traction it got, they finally saw their asses were under fire and decided it was go time and they better finally do something about it, and finally, they did, so it is what it is. If you need any more proof read riccochets post above. Or the other fella that was told his rig was sabotaged by someone pouring sand in his tank? Draw your own conclusion on that one but I know the one I’ve drawn.
    I’m glad it sounds like the boat is finally being taken care of, hopefully it will work flawlessly and he will get many years of service out of it.
    Last edited by itsahog; 02-09-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldstream13 View Post
    See post 101. I posted a picture from the dealer finding the sand like material. I do not know the chemical composition of the granuals . Triton called me and confirmed after the boat was in the factory that the fuel tank was what caused these to form in the tank. The fuel pick up sucked them into the fuel system in the motor. It sounds like the issue has something to do with a coating not curing properly but I have not gotten a technical report , only verbal explanation. Regardless, I doubt many people on here would be happy to have their top cap ripped off and experiencing this. Sure the motor is getting flushed and technically it should be ok..., so I'm told. But who would want the Motor or the boat back after all this? No one, after they spent 50K on a brand new boat.
    My mistake i did not see it and i apologize for that. Appears the fuel filter did its job its on the fuel filter side was there sand present on the secondary chamber side where the fuel pump is located? Without reading all the other posts after post 101 at this stage i doubt sand that size would get past the fuel filter.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Sounds good. I won’t post anymore. Hopefully the post continues to stay up forever. It should for the sake of others in the future. I will ask Roy politely, again, quit private messaging me.
    And i would appreciate it if you edited posts 149 and 161. Thanks.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    My mistake i did not see it and i apologize for that. Appears the fuel filter did its job its on the fuel filter side was there sand present on the secondary chamber side where the fuel pump is located? Without reading all the other posts after post 101 at this stage i doubt sand that size would get past the fuel filter.
    I consulted my personal mercury certified mechanic since I ran into him at the boat show. He believed that the sand-like material would not get past the filters. I'm not sure all the areas where they found the sand. The picture was the VST I believe. Once it was found , dealer instructed them to take off the motor and ship the boat to triton for complete inspection. The inspection is what predicated the call from triton rep confirming the fuel tank as the culprit.

Someone posted something about the fuel tank coatings a bit earlier in the thread and it may be similar to that. I just dont understand enough of that process to really completely understand in more detail. Crossing my fingers.
    2021 Ranger Aluminum VX1888DC
    2021 200 HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke
    Serial Number:

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    And i would appreciate it if you edited posts 149 and 161. Thanks.
    Per your request, posts are gone. Sorry for all the back and forth man. I’ve been in super defense mode throughout this entire ordeal on and off the Internet because The original poster is one of my best friends.. Let’s make this all water under the bridge man.
    At this point, we’ve both ruffled each others feathers and once again, I apologize for my part in it. I’m about to open up a thread about my trx189 today or tomorrow and would like your input so see ya there hopefully!! Fish on!

Per your request, posts are gone. Sorry for all the back and forth man. I’ve been in super defense mode throughout this entire ordeal on and off the Internet because The original poster is one of my best friends.. Let’s make this all water under the bridge man.
    At this point, we’ve both ruffled each others feathers and once again, I apologize for my part in it. I’m about to open up a thread about my trx189 today or tomorrow and would like your input so see ya there hopefully!! Fish on!
    Sounds good and i apologize for my side of it too. Hopefully the end result gets the Op back on the water without more issues.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I consulted my personal mercury certified mechanic since I ran into him at the boat show. He believed that the sand-like material would not get past the filters. I'm not sure all the areas where they found the sand. The picture was the VST I believe. Once it was found , dealer instructed them to take off the motor and ship the boat to triton for complete inspection. The inspection is what predicated the call from triton rep confirming the fuel tank as the culprit.

Someone posted something about the fuel tank coatings a bit earlier in the thread and it may be similar to that. I just dont understand enough of that process to really completely understand in more detail. Crossing my fingers.
    Idk how these tanks are but on my old boat I had a fuel delivery issue and i pulled the pickup tube up to look at it to make sure it wasnt broken to clogged up and it had a screen on the bottom of the tube with a pretty fine screen on it too. The pickups on these boats must not have a screen on them if that sand got to the fuel filter i understand super fine sand but the pic looked like it was fairly good size granules. It was bigger grains than i expected.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    I thought the same thing. The pattern of how the motor failed was bizarre as well. But at this point I’m just glad it’s getting addressed with what appears to be an accurate diagnosis. I hope I can one day again trust this boat. Looking forward to being back on the water.

Triton has assured me the new top cap will be good as new. But I cringed when I heard the existing had to come off. I don’t really understand what the connection looks like, I just hope it comes off without damage. Should be back at dealer in a little more than a week if they are on schedule. Can’t wait.
    Serial Number:

16. Banned
    I hope everything works out for the best, hopefully they get it fixed right in a timely manner and you can get back in the water. You’ve handled the situation with a lot of patience and class sir

17. Member
    How is the progress on your boat going.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ameneddie View Post
    How is the progress on your boat going.
    Its supposed to be done today. Hope it ships back to dealer this week to get the motor re-installed.
    Serial Number:

19. Member
    On the up-side... a completely new top cap, for all intent, does make it a new boat. Everything you touch, see, feel, all that's new. Sure... the hull has a few trips to the lake. And ended up being towed in more times than it ran on it's own. And quite honestly..... had Triton stepped up and just replaced it *OR* taken up the OP on his offer to *BUY* a new boat, (and credit his original purchase) I think, in the long run... it would have cost them quite a bit less. Jus' sayin'...….

What I DON'T GET is why there wasn't at least an offer of an extended warranty on the motor. The idea of a motor that NEVER ran correctly, was diagnosed as TRITON's problem, IMO, *SHOULD* have ended up with a new motor. So yeah... at the very least, give the man a extended warranty on it. It's CERTAINLY not Mercurys' fault! (Yet they're going to have to still cover it, regardless.) SMH

Oh well, guess we'll find out once it FINALLY gets back into the OP's hands. Still doesn't make it suck any less.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

20. Member
    Its supposed to be done today. Hope it ships back to dealer this week to get the motor re-installed.
    for ya bud. Hope it works out.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast