Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RDY2GO View Post
    As I mentioned, I've been out of the sport for some time, so essentially I am a noob. Your comment about it being the Nitro factory is the 1st time I've heard that said. Can you expand on that? Do you have any dates for the moves between facilities, etc.?

At this point for me it's all water under the bridge, or out of the bilge anyway, but for my own satisfaction I would like to understand it more.

To the OP I am not trying to steal your thread, I think if anything this might build upon it. But say the word and I will be glad to stop posting or asking questions in your thread.
    The 20’s and 21’s never went to the Nitro Facility. They’ve always been built at Ranger or in Midway after they moved into the Legend facility.

2. Member
    Update: My dealer convinced Triton to pick up the phone and call me. It was someone from corporate and they seemed to be empathetic to my experience. I professionally expressed a recap of the circumstances and requested simply to get what I originally paid for, a new boat. Honestly, that is all I want. If Triton steps up and takes care of me, I am willing to reset my trust in the brand, and I think many others could agree. If not, it will likely be the last one that I ever purchase.

I certainly do not mind other people posting in the thread, no worries there. I appreciate every trying to offer suggestions and experiences for similar issues that they have had. I have relayed most of these suggestions to the mechanics, to offer brainstorming ideas.
    2021 Ranger Aluminum VX1888DC
    2021 200 HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke
    Serial Number:

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    The 20’s and 21’s never went to the Nitro Facility. They’ve always been built at Ranger or in Midway after they moved into the Legend facility.
    Wrong. My 2018 20TRX was made in the Nitro factory as were many others.

4. Member
    Wondering if there’s anyway to verify where a Boat was built? I picked my boat up in December 2019, from what I’m reading, I certainly hope it was built in Midway.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldstream13 View Post
    Update: My dealer convinced Triton to pick up the phone and call me. It was someone from corporate and they seemed to be empathetic to my experience. I professionally expressed a recap of the circumstances and requested simply to get what I originally paid for, a new boat. Honestly, that is all I want. If Triton steps up and takes care of me, I am willing to reset my trust in the brand, and I think many others could agree. If not, it will likely be the last one that I ever purchase.

I certainly do not mind other people posting in the thread, no worries there. I appreciate every trying to offer suggestions and experiences for similar issues that they have had. I have relayed most of these suggestions to the mechanics, to offer brainstorming ideas.

how did they reply ?

6. Member
    Glad to hear someone from Triton finally bothered to speak to you!! Keep us posted!
    2020 Triton TRX189 B B W
    Mercury ProXS 150 I B O
    Garmin EchoMAP Plus (2x) G A L
    Toyota 4Runner D F

7. Member
    I’m getting more afraid of buying a triton by the day

8. Member
    Well never got a call back today. Hope it didn't fall on deaf ears. Boat still hasn't shipped to mid way. This is not going to be as quick as I was hoping. I shouldn't have to continue paying for this boat. Didn't get to use it thus year and I'm paying every month! Insane. Still waiting Triton. Please step up.
    Serial Number:

9. Member
    Well never got a call back today. Hope it didn't fall on deaf ears. Boat still hasn't shipped to mid way. This is not going to be as quick as I was hoping. I shouldn't have to continue paying for this boat. Didn't get to use it thus year and I'm paying every month! Insane. Still waiting Triton. Please step up.
    I have no idea why you have not contacted a lawyer, months ago really. I sure would have. WAY past due IMO.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I have no idea why you have not contacted a lawyer, months ago really. I sure would have. WAY past due IMO.
    Technically, yes I agree. The case would be obvious. But I want Triton to step up and have some integrity. Maybe new ownership ruined the legacy. They know this isn't right and I know someone has been watching this thread and yet no contact.

Guess at some point ill have to take a different path.

Is ranger, nitro, triton, and skeeter all under White river\ JM?
    Serial Number:

11. Member
    Technically, yes I agree. The case would be obvious. But I want Triton to step up and have some integrity. Maybe new ownership ruined the legacy. They know this isn't right and I know someone has been watching this thread and yet no contact.

I think they are, but I’m sure somebody else can verify that. I know and I had an issue with my boat right after I bought it, the email they give me was @rangerboats.com if you would like that email, I will private message it to you. My issue was very small and was handled immediately, luckily the way it looks.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    The VST has a filter in it so basically the fuel goes in raw if there are no other filters from the tank to the VST then it’s filtered before being pumped into the engine so I wouldn’t think something as granulated and heavy as sand couldn’t beat that process and actually enter the motor.

Have they confirmed if there was enough sand to actually block the screen of the pump and to be causing this issue?

You beat me to it.

Honestly, for sand to be in the VST past the filter IMO that would be because someone PUT it there!

But what puzzles me is the statement that the motor would have to be "taken apart and flushed of all sand". Where would this sand go (to be inside the motor)?

If it made it past the fuel filter entering the VST it'd be very VERY small, likely small enough to make it past the screens in the high pressure pumps. But I'd bet real money it'd never make it past the fuel injectors. Likely clog them up in a hurry! Any "flushing" would be nothing more than removing the VST and pumps, cleaning the VST, replacing the pumps (to eliminate them from future concern), as well as removing all the diaphragms (tracker valve, fuel pressure, air pressure) and flushing the fuel rails. Then at the VERY LEAST replacing the fuel injectors. That said... extra measures could (and if it were mine WOULD) be taken and replace the direct (air) injectors as well.

Although with the cost of the individual injectors being so high, the sensible route is just put new rails on (which are shipped with injectors). Considering the cost of new rails that come with all the hoses etc. isn't half as much as buying the air and fuel injectors separately.

But... as far as sand getting *into* the engine, I just don't see that happening.

IF for some reason they chose not to replace the rails/injectors as a unit I honestly doubt they'd replace the injectors at that point. They'd most likely send them off to have them cleaned and bench tested. Not what I'd want for my new motor I'd paid for, but at least at that point you'd have concrete data on performance of all the fuel and air injectors.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

13. Member

Skeeter is owned by Yamaha. They bought them in 1996 if memory serves me correctly. I owned two Skeeters over the years but currently own a Triton. However, after reading this thread I don't think I would buy another one. There wasn't all these issues back when Earl Bentz owned the company. This thread reminds me of the poor guy on here that had the Suzuki mounted on a Bass Cat. Suzuki finally stepped up and sent him a new motor but it took them forever and a lot of pressure from fellow fisherman and even some from BCB I believe.

Man I really feel for you and I hope they do the right thing. The price of bass boats these days is crazy high and you shouldn't have to deal with issues like this.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    Skeeter is owned by Yamaha. They bought them in 1996 if memory serves me correctly. I owned two Skeeters over the years but currently own a Triton. However, after reading this thread I don't think I would buy another one. There wasn't all these issues back when Earl Bentz owned the company. This thread reminds me of the poor guy on here that had the Suzuki mounted on a Bass Cat. Suzuki finally stepped up and sent him a new motor but it took them forever and a lot of pressure from fellow fisherman and even some from BCB I believe.

Man I really feel for you and I hope they do the right thing. The price of bass boats these days is crazy high and you shouldn't have to deal with issues like this.
    You are correct on everything you stated. I owned an Early Bentz Triton, awesome boat, a Skeeter and now a BassCat all 3 were great boats and all 3 have/had good customer service.

I have been following this post closely. I feel horrible for the op. He has been put through the ringer.... COME ON Triton, you are part of a billion dollar corporation. STEP UP and do the right thing here.
    Brad Krone

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Chicken View Post
    You beat me to it.

Honestly, for sand to be in the VST past the filter IMO that would be because someone PUT it there!

But what puzzles me is the statement that the motor would have to be "taken apart and flushed of all sand". Where would this sand go (to be inside the motor)?

If it made it past the fuel filter entering the VST it'd be very VERY small, likely small enough to make it past the screens in the high pressure pumps. But I'd bet real money it'd never make it past the fuel injectors. Likely clog them up in a hurry! Any "flushing" would be nothing more than removing the VST and pumps, cleaning the VST, replacing the pumps (to eliminate them from future concern), as well as removing all the diaphragms (tracker valve, fuel pressure, air pressure) and flushing the fuel rails. Then at the VERY LEAST replacing the fuel injectors. That said... extra measures could (and if it were mine WOULD) be taken and replace the direct (air) injectors as well.

Although with the cost of the individual injectors being so high, the sensible route is just put new rails on (which are shipped with injectors). Considering the cost of new rails that come with all the hoses etc. isn't half as much as buying the air and fuel injectors separately.

But... as far as sand getting *into* the engine, I just don't see that happening.

IF for some reason they chose not to replace the rails/injectors as a unit I honestly doubt they'd replace the injectors at that point. They'd most likely send them off to have them cleaned and bench tested. Not what I'd want for my new motor I'd paid for, but at least at that point you'd have concrete data on performance of all the fuel and air injectors.
    So interestingly enough, I got pictures of the sand in the VST when it was taken apart at initial discovery. I am not a mechanic and do not have a extremely precise understanding of the fuel delivery system. But the picture rolled my stomach. Ill try to post later to see what you guys think.
    Serial Number:

16. Member
    Years ago a person I worked with a guy who had fuel problems in his car. If I recall correctly, he had to replace several fuel filters then he had other fuel problems. It was determined that the "sand" that was clogging up his system came from a fuel up at a gas station. He subsequently contacted the gas station that he filled up at and he found it came from there. He was told that there was a minor gas spill where the gas taker was unloading their fuel. Apparently, some of the absorbent material got down into the stations tanks and was the source of the problem.

It would be interesting to find out what that "sand" really is.

Good luck.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

17. Member
    This has been an issue since the very first take off EVER. The boat fell on it face and wouldn't turn back on. I had to trailer it with trolling motor and winch. Zero chance this was from fuel that I put it. Plus triton already admitted to my dealer they have seen this before and immediately requested the boat back to factory.
    Serial Number:

18. Banned
    Now I'm wondering if the fuel tank is not being properly vented. There is a vent line, but it's to allow air in, not out, with a check valve. If that line is somehow pinched or kinked you're going to develop a vacuum in the fuel tank. Well, the fuel pump can only suck fuel up until it reaches a point where the vacuum in the tank is greater than the pump is able to overcome it. That would create a situation where it might idle fine, but as soon as you stomp on the throttle, fuel demand goes up, the pumps can't provide it and it falls flat on it's face. Now that you've sucked a good vacuum in the fuel tank it might not even idle, or will take a while for enough air to bleed back in to the tank in order for the pumps to start pumping again.

Does that make sense? Our fuel systems are sealed in these new boats. They don't allow fuel vapor out, but they have to allow air in to equalize. So, I wonder if you left the filler cap open would it run normally? Be a really easy thing to test.

19. Member
    Triton is high on my list for my next new boat. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how Triton handles this.

20. Member
    UPDATE: My dealer has the boat again and was in the process of replacing the lift pump. They indicated that it tested out fine and began to do more inspection. Upon inspecting the VST, they found sand!!! One theory is that the coating required by the EPA for fuel tanks has sand in it and the coating may not have cured correctly and caused sand to fall into the tank. Now the dealer has to rip my motor off of my boat and do multiple flushes to rid motor of sand deposits. (And I guess I'm supposed to assume there was no damage). Also, after the motor is taken off, boat is being shipped to triton for a complete fuel tank replacement which likely means my top cap is coming off.
    As a reminder, this boat fell on its face the very first takeoff on day one on the water, so regardless of where the sand came from, it was 100 percent not during my ownership or possession.

I'm sick to my stomach. My new motor is off my boat and getting wrenched on and my hull is getting torn apartment. Who knows when I would get it back and IF that even fixes this. For the record, my dealer has been trying tirelessly trying to take care of me, and I'm appreciative of that.

Triton- I would imagine that you have been reading this thread. I have called and left several messages and texts with one of your corp guys. Its time to do what is right and put me in a new boat as I have paid for. No one should spend this kind of money and go through this.

Fieldstream13, I’m sending you a pm. After reading this update I’ve had a similar experience with my Triton..

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast